Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of dropping Verizon and thought about just going to one of these with the droid phones. I had a straightalk phone before and it seemed the texts was slow to recieve and send, wondered if they fixed this and also wondered how fast the internet was on their plans, my previous straightalk phone didnt have internet.

·
كافر
9,930 Posts
I have a boost mobile ZTE warp. 55 a month. Always works for me... I hear they have the evo now... :p

·
Ass, Gas or Grass
17,162 Posts
How many minutes do you really use a month for talk? I bought my girlfriend a Straightalk droid smartphone for $189 and the plan was $45 a month unlimited everything, but, I have a Droid smartphone from Virgin with 300 talk mins and unlimited everything else and my plan is only $25 a month and I paid $145 for my phone, Ive had it for 2years and its been through hell... Fuck Verizon, I had the same exact phone from them and paid almost 3 times as much. I like Virgin for the price. Hers was stolen a few weeks ago while they was in NY, so I plan on getting her another on Monday.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
Also have Boost mobile, unlimited everything $42.50 / month, I've been using them for years now with No complaints @ all (month to month NO CONTRACT)

I have a boost mobile ZTE warp. 55 a month. Always works for me... I hear they have the evo now... :p

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
$45 unlimited straight talk here.....no complaints, gets signal where most others wont

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
Anybody know who's network they are re-selling?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so how fast is the internet on these pre paid phones and how fast do they send and recieve texts? i dont really care who the carrier is just want the best.

·
كافر
9,930 Posts
they're 3g usually. so pretty okay.. it's not blistering fast.. depends on where you're at too.. tmobile has 4g prepaid but it's only like 100mb of super fast.. then it goes back to 3g.. not worth it!!

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
Straight Talk uses all the major networks. It depends on which phone you buy that determines what network the calls/data will be using. I just cancelled my Sprint account of 10 years and went with ST. I bought the Samsung Galaxy X Proclaim which uses the Verizon network and it's only 3G which I'm OK with. At the bottom of the package it will say something like CDMA-V which means that phone uses Verizon. I think just simple CDMA uses Sprints network. I've had mine 2 weeks now and so far no complaints. Sure they don't have all the perks and bells and whistles that a "Contract" phone might have but I got to the point where all that crap wasn't really necessary to me anymore. I just wanted a reliable phone with a few of the add-ons like a Camera. The only drawback to "Pre-paid" phones is they typically don't ROAM. But if the network is strong like Verizon's that may never be an issue. But I prefer the fact my cell phone bill is now cut in half!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts