Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so fed up with Brighthouse equipment, service and most of all, cost. Giving serious consideration to Directv and looking for feedback from users in Central FL as I have concerns about how the weather affects service. Also, what did you do for Internet/email?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
They suck! First they stole my original dish that became mine with the purchase of my home and was exactly like the one they put up on my second story roof 25' up. Then when we cancelled after the contract was up they charged us 500 dollars for the dish they put up and told me I had to take it down and give it back to them. Who has a 30' ladder laying around and second of all they stole my dish! I sued them in small claims, no one showed up and they had to fix my credit and pay me damages for taking my dish and were told if they wanted their dish back to come and get it themselves. No one ever came to reclaim the dish.

They always leave these dishes behind, since I buy rental homes I have a collection of them now since I know when a tenant orders new service they always put a new dish up.

Also once you are used to clicking through channels on cable you will hate dish because it takes a few seconds to switch channels. If you ask me all of those providers fuck you and that is why we dropped them all and use a huge antenna inside of our attic, a Roku box and Internet for our TV. Sure I miss a few car shows but the old ones are online for free and they are new to me since we are going on two years now since we became "cord cutters".

We use Comcast for Internet right now but are moving soon so I am not sure who is the provider there in NW Houston.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Every time it rains, forget about having service. I dropped them after 4 summers in a row because of afternoon storms and no service. 04' when we had 3 hurricanes and I couldn't watch the weather reports was the straw that broke the camels back. I have bright house and go through a cable box a year... I'll take that vs. no service every day in the summer.

·
rodent aviator
6,996 Posts
I eat at Ale House regularly where they have 30+ televisions on all the time. Every time it rains all the televisions freeze up and lose their signal. Not even really bad storms, but just when the clouds roll in and cover the sky. If you can't see blue sky then you don't have a signal.

I also cut trees for a living and I get calls all the time to trim trees for dish clearance. It's hilarious because the tree isn't blocking the dish 99% of the time. Just dish owners grasping at straws trying to improve their reception.

·
Registered
16,637 Posts
I've used them since 2001. Not perfect but I prefer them to cable. I only lose service during severe weather so maybe some dishes and their installation are more sensitive then others.

I have a DVR box so I pay the $5 a month for the repair service. The DVR boxes do screw up.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Decided to give them a call to try and get an idea of the actual cost since their bait discounts are so confusing and they never tell you about all the fees, "required options", etc, etc. After 5 minutes I wished I could have reached into the phone and grab that pencil neck geek by the throat. Bottom line is, despite all the discounts and free this and that on their website, they refused to give me a total cost until I gave them the info they needed to run a quick credit check to see if I qualified for those discounts and free stuff!! Told them no and that I don't understand why they cannot tell me what discounts they would be checking my credit for. Nice 1st impression. Have A Nice Day. SLAM!

Took a stab at pricing based on what's on the website and with equivalent programming to what I have now, 1st year would be cheaper, 2nd year with less discounts would be the same and 3rd year after discounts expire, it would actually be more. Of course, this assumes neither one will raise their prices in the next 2-3 years ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts