Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a guy from Primerica try selling me life insurance and also give advice on investing. If his life insurance policy is just as good as my current one (according to him it is) its almost half the cost of other quotes i have received for a 20 year policy.
I searched primerica online and see tons of negative reviews and its a scam but its mostly people talking about it being a pyramid scheme for selling the stuff. Im not interested in selling it just if the insurance is actually any good.

·
rodent aviator
7,046 Posts
Had a guy from Primerica try selling me life insurance and also give advice on investing. If his life insurance policy is just as good as my current one (according to him it is) its almost half the cost of other quotes i have received for a 20 year policy.
I searched primerica online and see tons of negative reviews and its a scam but its mostly people talking about it being a pyramid scheme for selling the stuff. Im not interested in selling it just if the insurance is actually any good.
So after reading that, why are you still looking at handing over your money to this company? How stupid are you?

·
Registered
65 Posts
^^^ don't listen to this idiot.

Disregard thte fact that it's Primerica offering the policy. Do your research on the insurance carrier, that's the most important part. If they have good ratings, and the price is good, then buy the policy. Heck, you may be able to buy it directly from the company instead.

·
rodent aviator
7,046 Posts
^^^ Yeah, ignore me. You're obviously much smarter than all those people who got fucked over and posted the bad reviews you read. You can figure out how to deal with the same company but not get fucked like those other dumbasses. You got it handled. ;)

·
Registered
20,007 Posts
All insurance is a pyramid scheme....what would happen if everybody cashed out at the same time?

·
Registered
65 Posts
^^^ Yeah, ignore me. You're obviously much smarter than all those people who got fucked over and posted the bad reviews you read. You can figure out how to deal with the same company but not get fucked like those other dumbasses. You got it handled. ;)
Yep, I got it handled. Like I said, it's all about the carrier not the guy selling it.

·
Registered
39,311 Posts
It's a semi-Ponzi scheme.

You can find way better products elsewhere.

Go online and plug in your numbers for life insurance in some of the free sites. Then go get quotes from a veteran, local, experienced agent who is a broker for multiple companies. Get more than two folks working on it if possible.

If he is quoting you 1/2 price compatibles something is wrong with the quote. DO NOT invest with them. Their products are very high cost and loaded with fees.

·
Registered
39,311 Posts
All insurance is a pyramid scheme....what would happen if everybody cashed out at the same time?
How can one "cash out" term life insurance and/or their house, car, boat, etc insurance?

If everyone "cashed out" as in died at the same time there'd be no one to pay OR collect.

·
Registered
20,007 Posts
How can one "cash out" term life insurance and/or their house, car, boat, etc insurance?

If everyone "cashed out" as in died at the same time there'd be no one to pay OR collect.
Ok, let me rephrase that.....if 51% collect from the other 49%

Its a numbers game..... as long as there is an influx of premiums collected to float the ship and pay out as needed the Ponzi stays floating.

You cannot dispute math and facts...get enough on the front end to pay out at the back end...its a shitty business model, it needs the strong arm of the gov for support to sign up new members

All forms of insurance

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So after reading that, why are you still looking at handing over your money to this company? How stupid are you?
The pyramid scheme part was about working for them and selling their products on commission not about their products being a scheme. Saw alot of people bitching about they didnt make money selling their products and they didnt get rich like they were told. From what I read its no different than amway or mary kay on how they get commision, but I dont care about that aspect. Im concerned if their insurance is any good or not.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's a semi-Ponzi scheme.

You can find way better products elsewhere.

Go online and plug in your numbers for life insurance in some of the free sites. Then go get quotes from a veteran, local, experienced agent who is a broker for multiple companies. Get more than two folks working on it if possible.

If he is quoting you 1/2 price compatibles something is wrong with the quote. DO NOT invest with them. Their products are very high cost and loaded with fees.

Thank you,

Thats what I was interested in knowing. I am meeting with a local insurance agent at a major insurance company tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts