Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I been on the phone with tci for 2 days now and in emails. They told me first this roller bearing was suppose to fit loose over the machined sleeve.Then later said it was not suppose to fit loose and would call me back and get me the right bearing..Then, this morning i get another email saying the bearing is suppose to fit loose that it was ok...I just dont feel safe with this much clearance..Here is what i have in the links below...

I left a message with Jeff , i know he will be the one to know...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Ive used a few of those. That one looks screwed up.
The problem with that design is the parts that come in contact with that bearing.
There are two parts, and depending on what gear your in, and they rotate at different speeds.
The solution is to install a bearing on the end of the front planetary as well. Takes a little marching, a little patience, and a small amount of modification to the output shaft.
Its a pita, but those drums are cheap, and hold up well.

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive used a few of those. That one looks screwed up.
The problem with that design is the parts that come in contact with that bearing.
There are two parts, and depending on what gear your in, and they rotate at different speeds.
The solution is to install a bearing on the end of the front planetary as well. Takes a little marching, a little patience, and a small amount of modification to the output shaft.
Its a pita, but those drums are cheap, and hold up well.

I dont realy understand what ur saying. This bearing is only being used in reverse..Thats why i dont realy see a problem with it a little loose now that i think about it..And the only contact on this bearing is the front planet ringgear..The 6 gear planet sets up enough in the ringear hub it wont touch the bearing..The 6 gear planet only puts load on its own roller bearing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts