Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious to see how many use these and what you have say about them i have 5 speed car seems to have some creep through the lights at 5-5500 rpms launch

·
Registered
632 Posts
i know some use them with trans breaks to keep them from deep staging or rolling back any out the light. i should work just fine with your 5 speed, and could even hook it up through a switch on the clutch pedal and also to the steering wheel so when you dump the clutch it will de activate the line lock

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I use it on the burnout, massively saves the back brakes.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have a foxbody that has a 3000 converter in it, but it creeps around 2500, I think it is having trouble back breaking, so would line lock help in this situation?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I use the line loc on mine. (5 speed Nash) front brakes thru line loc, button wired into launch control rpm. I also use a brake pressure gage. pre stage set brake pressure at 250lbs with line loc button depressed roll into stage beam . line loc and launch rpm all controlled by button.

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
you should have a line loc, especially with a stick car. The amount of abuse the axles go through when you dump the clutch and hit the brakes is pretty awful...
get one and use it for the burnout and the launch.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have a c-4, 3 speed auto, and i dont know why it wants to creep all the time

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I have a c-4, 3 speed auto, and i dont know why it wants to creep all the time
Most of the time it's lack of line psi or worn clutchs/bands.

·
Registered
908 Posts
just replaced all the bands, might be a psi problem, I am going to look into it

·
Registered
602 Posts
Joey - If the track is flat and your car is creeping forward as RPM's rise you need to check your clutch adjustement 1st.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joey - If the track is flat and your car is creeping forward as RPM's rise you need to check your clutch adjustement 1st.
it doesnt effect the car unless you try launching around 5-6k rpm i been messing with the adjustment some, i found at eatonton that dip in the left lane like to have took me down in the 5 speed race the car was rolling through the beams bad so i had to use the e-brake to hold it up from rolling but i didnt like doing that.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Ok, well that track is not flat! Of the 5spd cars I've messed with, none of them had pull at higher rpm sitting flat. What is the current air gap on your setup set at?

By the way, the linelock overall is not a bad move at all. Adding one might help improve your staging consistency.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I ran a line-loc on my stick car for about 2 years. It helped a bunch staging the car. I did however get qeustioned one time though as to why I was running electronics in a class they weren't allowed. Once I explained what it was they were ok with it. Also raced at Bradenton one time without a line-loc, the wind was blowing pretty good and it rolled my car out of the beams after I staged.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts