Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone try this from team z

Team Z Upper Control Arms

Our unique design corrects upper control arm geometry and greatly increases traction. These uppers can be found on some of the quickest stock suspension cars in the country

they do not say exactly what they do no good pics to see from the side. anyone can help. my upper conrol arms are at -1deg. and would like to change. can't lower the car cause it is not mini tubed

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Looks to do the same as the guys using a wish bone on the bottom of them now, geuss I dont have enough power for those problems

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
A wishbone won't do anything in a mustang that still has it's control arms on an angle... Jack one up and try to move the rear sideways... It won't move..

The thing above looks to move the top arms up on the rear,.dave from team z posts on here pm him about..

Jay

Jay

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
TeamZmotorsports has the best stock supsension parts on the market. Give Dave a call, you will not be dissappointed.Chris Tuten runs the full TeamZ front and rear suspension, he has ran in the 7.40's on a 28x10.5 slick. He runs NMRA Super Street Outlaw.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
A wishbone won't do anything in a mustang that still has it's control arms on an angle... Jack one up and try to move the rear sideways... It won't move..

The thing above looks to move the top arms up on the rear,.dave from team z posts on here pm him about..

Jay

Jay

Keep telling yourself that, by the way its a triangulated four link, just like my car has, and yes they use wishbones on them now, and yes the rear ends will move over if you preload a bar.

The pictures on Base lines site show much better the relocation of holes.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Keep telling yourself that, by the way its a triangulated four link, just like my car has, and yes they use wishbones on them now, and yes the rear ends will move over if you preload a bar.

The pictures on Base lines site show much better the relocation of holes.

I know its a triangulated 4 link, theres a few of them now that have very straight bars in them... those cars i could see needing a wishbone, ones that are still triangulated dont need a wishbone... its just the new flavor of the month... our malibu wagon ran smooth as silk and didnt move around at all on radial, now put it on slicks and my father new instantly the car had changed and was moving around.. why because of the tire, not the rear end moving side to side... we have a 4 link back half car and he can feel it move around on the slicks compared to a radial where he dont feel shit...

now if you got a car thats not braced and its trying to rip the torque boxes out and shit like that, then yes you will probably notice an improvement with a wishbone, but only because it will be masking the other problem and trying to stop the rear from moving side to side as its trying to rip itself out the car..

580 stang , yes thats the setup...

jay

·
X275 O.G.
2,353 Posts
i disagree with that i felt a difference with a wishbone running it to the 1320. definitely a smoother ride

·
eats paint chips
1,923 Posts
Then you have other problems, and the wishbone is just a bandaid.
no he dosnt , he has a mustang not a TA and with a track locator and he dosnt have a malibu . walk through the lanes and push side to side on any mustang with rod ends on the control arm ,not bushings and spher. bearings on the housing ,they move 3/8 inch or more. if they dont move they have a wishbone or they are in some crazy bind

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
no he dosnt , he has a mustang not a TA and with a track locator and he dosnt have a malibu . walk through the lanes and push side to side on any mustang with rod ends on the control arm ,not bushings and spher. bearings on the housing ,they move 3/8 inch or more. if they dont move they have a wishbone or they are in some crazy bind
so you saying the body moves side to side but the sidewall of the tire dosen,t move at all when pushing the car side to side ??? i,m betting the suspension mounts are flexing in the floor .

·
eats paint chips
1,923 Posts
What i'm saying is if you have bearings and not bushings and your shits not in a bind. it will move from a tolerance stack in the rod ends and spherical bearings on the diff. There is nothing to stop it. yes the sidewall deflects, and yes under power I'm sure the pick up points move. If that happens in the lanes from you pushing on it you got big problems. the triangle wont hold it enough , same reason you cant put 4 link type peload in these cars all you get from 2 diferent length uppers is housing shift. try what i said and you will hear them clunk if they dont have bushings and arnt all bound up. I have no idea if the piece he asked about will help , never worked with one. But a wishbone will help these cars a bunch not to hook but to drive better and safer. hope I explaned my self better

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Malibu's will push over center if not careful also, I have spent hours on a lazer alignment rack twisting on mine to get everything right and yes a wishbone could help them too if you have big power

·
X275 O.G.
2,353 Posts
my rear moves very fluid like, take off the shocks and the antiroll and you will see the movement people are talking about. now its not swaying back and forth but movement is there. i put it on cause i want the other parts to do what there were designed to do, not center the rear which the wishbone does.

·
eats paint chips
1,923 Posts
my rear moves very fluid like, take off the shocks and the antiroll and you will see the movement people are talking about. now its not swaying back and forth but movement is there. i put it on cause i want the other parts to do what there were designed to do, not center the rear which the wishbone does.
X 10 ^^^^^^^^ good responce

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
i disagree with that i felt a difference with a wishbone running it to the 1320. definitely a smoother ride

Do you have any more pictures you can post I would like to see how this attaches to the rearend.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts