Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,708 Posts
tre sales a motor with them on in the lower range of 400 cube..n2o deal with it making 1025hp..motors like 35k..

Def seem to be good heads

·
Vendor
6,460 Posts
Keep an eye on the guys at M&M Competition Engines, www.mmengines.com they have a new cylinder head coming out that will have all the benefits and flow characteristics of those with much improved geometry, + or - a degree or so of pushrod angle, and and port location. They debuted them at the IMIS show and they are finishing the billet model and will be sending it in for molding and casting shortly. The pricing will allow them to fit right into their top end kits in place of the SB2.2 stuff that is getting harder to find at a decent price. They will be making their own rocker stands but they will use Jesel rockers and the SB2.2 intakes and valve covers will fit.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just got a manifold from them great people to deal with i'm thinking trying a single OLD 98mm precision in a 01 camaro we've been working on

·
Vendor
6,460 Posts
There you go. The door is open already. Give Scott a call and tell him that Marc mentioned the new heads to you. I saw the model and some data at the shop a couple of months ago. They seem pretty excited about the potential.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
I believe Stack had a 434 or so... he went a .61 when he got the boost controller, but tossed the rods right after that... then he got a BBC haha

·
Registered
490 Posts
The sbx head is a great set up. We never had any problems with them. I just so happen to know someone who upgraded to a big block that has some just sitting around.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i've been out of it for a while trying somthing new to regain the fun i had in the late 80's 90's!

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
Andy Jensen went 3.99 @ 185 in the 1/8, with a 400" SBC single turbo set up, using SBX heads. I'd say they work pretty well!! That is to say that was his first 3 sec. pass, he may have gone quicker for all I know. That car also went a couple rounds in IHRA pro mod too!! That's a bad motherfucker!! I noticed that no one mentioned in this thread yet, that the SBX heads are $6k a pair!! Good luck affording them....

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Keep an eye on the guys at M&M Competition Engines, www.mmengines.com they have a new cylinder head coming out that will have all the benefits and flow characteristics of those with much improved geometry, + or - a degree or so of pushrod angle, and and port location. They debuted them at the IMIS show and they are finishing the billet model and will be sending it in for molding and casting shortly. The pricing will allow them to fit right into their top end kits in place of the SB2.2 stuff that is getting harder to find at a decent price. They will be making their own rocker stands but they will use Jesel rockers and the SB2.2 intakes and valve covers will fit.
I wish they would finish there web site one day, its been under construction forever..

·
Registered
490 Posts
Andy Jensen went 3.99 @ 185 in the 1/8, with a 400" SBC single turbo set up, using SBX heads. I'd say they work pretty well!! That is to say that was his first 3 sec. pass, he may have gone quicker for all I know. That car also went a couple rounds in IHRA pro mod too!! That's a bad motherfucker!! I noticed that no one mentioned in this thread yet, that the SBX heads are $6k a pair!! Good luck affording them....
That 6k pair is bare no valves, springs, retainers, rockers, intake,pistons, headers or camshaft that is all different than a conventional sbc. It is more complex than just bolting on a set to do the conversion. But the power benefits and the not worrying about headgaskets because of the center two cylinders on a coventional small block were worth it.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
there's no problem spending 10 to 12 g's on a brand new complete set and thats without the (good) port program, seen a few sets with sheet metal manifolds roll out for 20.

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
That 6k pair is bare no valves, springs, retainers, rockers, intake,pistons, headers or camshaft that is all different than a conventional sbc. It is more complex than just bolting on a set to do the conversion. But the power benefits and the not worrying about headgaskets because of the center two cylinders on a coventional small block were worth it.
Yeah I knew that was the bare price for them, I just forgot to mention that. If you ask me, that's a lot of money to sink into an old style small block, at that point, I'd probably go with a BBC, or a tall deck LSX set up with canted valve heads. That's just me though, I do respect the people that are that loyal to the old style SBC!! Just goes to show that there are still a lot of tricks left with a good old small block Chevy!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts