Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are planning a trip there this Aug. Looking for some recomendations....Thanks!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I didn't care for the riviera myself, ocean is much better in cancun, i like cabo better than both of them, except the water is cold as hell, but it's not crowded and very laid back. we stayed at hacienda encantada in cabo a couple weeks ago, great place

·
Registered
427 Posts
My wife and i have been seven or eight times since 2003 and felt most comfortable at The Palladium in the Mayan Suites. We stayed most recently at Secrets White Sands just after it opened and it was nice, but very expensive. We were able to stay during opening specials so it wasn't quite as expensive. There were lots of opening glitches, but I'm sure there sorted out by now. It was very nice and had a beautiful beach. We also stayed at El Dorado Seaside Suites and it was nice, but the beach was very rocky at the resort. You could walk south towards the Palladium and the beach became very nice. Best advice I can give you is to spend lots of time researching many different resorts on Tripadvisor and look at lots of pictures and read lots of reviews. Keep in mind that many people couldn't be happy if you hung them with a new rope.

I love the area and hope to go back many more times when the economy picks up and i start making some money again. Things have been slim for me the last few years and a vacation is far from a reality right now. Just trying to keep the boat afloat is my main concern. To be honest, I got about as much enjoyment out of planning the trips as going on them. There is so much to do down there of do nothing at all if you like. Please feel free to contact me for more information if you like or some other advice about the area. Most of all, go with the knowledge that your not in Kansas anymore and you are in a different country. Try to learn a little about the language and culture of the mayans. Go to Tulum and check out the ruins and spend some time at the beach there. I think it is the nicest beach we saw. Have Fun

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. There are soo many places to stay there, its exhausting. Caddy, I will proly pm ya before its all said and done, thanks!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
we stayed in the riviera maya last year and loved it.alot less crowded and more layed back than cancun.about 200 yards off the beach there is a big natural coral reef, and is protected water,no jet skies or power boats.water is clear and snorkling is great. we stayed at the ocean coral and torquasa and highly recomend it. we went all inclusive,it has 7 restraunts and all the alcohol you can drink. defintly take the 4-wheeler excursion in the jungle.its amazing

·
Registered
411 Posts
My wife and I love the Riviera Maya area, we have been going down there for several years now. We bought a time share there a few years ago and LOVE it, check it out on line The Grand Mayan in Riviera Maya. We are grand Mayan owners and have a couple of weeks for you if you wish. We have a Suite which will hold 6 , has it's own kithen also very very nice. Great place to vacation, awsome places to go site seeing and the ocean is breathtakeing. Check it out and let me know if you want to rent a week or two..Bill 1-860-245-0885

·
Registered
411 Posts
Goin to Cozumel next month for 8 days. all inclusive..
hope it's fun:)
Cozumel is awsome to, are resort is 10 min. from Playa del carmen where we take the ferry out to Cozumel. rent some mini-scoters and you can drive around the Island really cool and laid back. on the back side of the Island is cool bar (Reege) def. check it out. A qt on scotter rentals keep your helmet with you or lock it up, wife and I left them on the seat while we were in a bar and they got stolen, told the rental guy, long story short 40.00 later I learned, lil mexican theifs... anyway you will LOVE it , By the way Playa Del Carmen is like the NY of Mexico tons of Restranats clubs and shops. Check out Senior Frogs!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Me and my wife were just there stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso Grand Hotel for are honeymoon,it was very nice beach was very clean and they had all topshelf booze they even had Millerlite Budlite and Coorslite witch is hard to come by down there.Good time and peacefull that place allows no kid's so it was nice.Plus there like three other resorts that you have axcess to when you stay at the Grand.Playa Del Carmen is only a 25.00$ cab ride and Senior Frogs is a must Good Luck and have fun.

·
-------------------------
6,398 Posts
My wife and I love the Riviera Maya area, we have been going down there for several years now. We bought a time share there a few years ago and LOVE it, check it out on line The Grand Mayan in Riviera Maya. We are grand Mayan owners and have a couple of weeks for you if you wish. We have a Suite which will hold 6 , has it's own kithen also very very nice. Great place to vacation, awsome places to go site seeing and the ocean is breathtakeing. Check it out and let me know if you want to rent a week or two..Bill 1-860-245-0885
cool

·
Registered
89 Posts
I FULLY recommend Bahia Principe Tulum. Went there back in 2001 and it was absolutely beautiful. You most go All Inclusive so you don't have to worry about carrying money. Google it and read about it. We met a couple that said they visited all the resorts in the Riviera Maya and this one is far the best. TheY continue their vacations at this one. Can't wait for our second child to get a little older so we can go back. You won't regret it!!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have been to both H10 resorts in the Mayan area.

Both were great for the money lots to do in the whole area.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The wife and I spent our honeymoon at Dreams in Tulum in 07. It was incredible, good selection of food, and plenty to do. Highly recommended

·
Registered
234 Posts
i was there in november and stayed at the new Dreams resort! The place was top notch. But like the other guy said the beach isnt the same as cancun. plenty to do at the resort tho, i stayed for 7 days and never left it.
We stayed at the Dreams Riviera Cancun last November as well. Fantastic resort! Hacinda Tres Rios is great as is Dreams Tulum. Try Bookit dot com for great deals.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts