Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
best boost controller on the market, let me know if u need one, i have them in stock

chad
813-784-8248

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
def are the best boost controllers made

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
You will end up with onee you try everything else so just get it to begin with.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One is an increase selenoid and the other a decrease selenoid.
I read that in the pdf file, but why do you have to use a decrease solenoid with a 3 way valve. I could understand if you had a 2-way valve and you needed a way to relieve the pressure in the top of the wastegate in order to drop boost. I wonder if it just gives you finer adjustments?

thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
Truthfully I would lieing if I could tell you why but Im sure Seb or someone else will chime in and explain it. I have mine plumbed like the instructions and have looked at it and tried understanding what happens at the selenoids but cant either.

They are $850 just about anywhere you go BTW.

·
Registered
650 Posts
1 solenoid has the co2 pressure coming into the increase co2 pressure on the wastegate. The exhaust on it is plugged so that whatever the solenoid lets through gets to the top of the wastegate, and not vented out to the atmosphere. This one is called the "increase solenoid". The 2nd solenoid act's as the exhaust and it's exhaust port is open, as well as the output. It bleeds off co2 pressure from the top of the wastegate once the desired pressure level is reached, hence why it's called the decrease solenoid.

Granted I'm sure this could have been done with with two "2 port" solenoids instead of two "3 port" solenoids, but hey, they provide the solenoids with the AMS-1000, so I'm going to use them. :)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
yeah not much deal on them $850 shipped is it...but if you buy one i can really help you out on other parts u may need..

chad
813-784-8248

·
Registered
426 Posts
Used on the quickest & fastest turbo cars anywhere, and any class...

If the thing came with two clothes pins in the box and the instructions said, "Attach the clothes pins to your nipples before each run and you are guaranteed to go 2 tenths faster than ever before!!"
Would you ask WHY? Or just do it...

In other words: Don't worry about why certain solenoids are used, or what they are supposed to do. It controls boost better than anything else out there, and that's it's sole purpose.

:-D

·
Registered
650 Posts

If the thing came with two clothes pins in the box and the instructions said, "Attach the clothes pins to your nipples before each run and you are guaranteed to go 2 tenths faster than ever before!!"

In other words: Don't worry about why certain solenoids are used, or what they are supposed to do. It controls boost better than anything else out there, and that's it's sole purpose.

if it were that easy I'd looking for like a clothes line with a bazillion pins on me. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I understand what you are saying. I just like to understand how things work in general. The more you try to learn hopefully the smarter you will be. :)

My thoughts were that it is used like a flow control valve. It works better if you meter on the exhaust side.

Thanks!

·
Registered
890 Posts
The AMS1000 is hands down the best boost controller on the market.
Your boost wille be positive to the setting.
Most others I have tried always overshot target and couldnt keep
the ramps as positive as the AMS 1000 does

·
from across the pond...
6,961 Posts
The AMS1000 is hands down the best boost controller on the market.
Your boost wille be positive to the setting.
Most others I have tried always overshot target and couldnt keep
the ramps as positive as the AMS 1000 does
x2 on that. Before the rain came at Miramichi we used the controller to get down a greasy track faster than anyone else,at 1/2 throttle.
Works better than anything else i have used to date...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts