Yellow Bullet Forums banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Yes I have worked on heads and have more expierience then you know with procomp heads. Look in my sig dumbass. You can see what I drive. Funny I am at the VA all the time as well: as a patient. Again tell me how you are the biggest supporter of America? Have you picked up a rifle and fought on foreign soil? How about even worn a uniform from our armed forces? I highly doubt it.
I am looking at your sig. I see one sold and one on jackstands. That would mean you dont drive anything. Havent picked up a rifle and havent worn a uniform. Guess that makes me un-american. I thank you guys for what you do and have the most respect for you that serve. 2 of my best friends are in the marines and my girls father is a LT Colonel in the Air National Guard. Never experienced it, but have heard plenty of stories.

That doesnt change the fact that i support america, and if you have your head so far up your ass that you dont realize people on the homefront can also support the country, your an ass.

You wanna fight about america, we can do it in a seperate thread. This ones about heads that you guys cant get to work.

I have a set of World products merlin BBC heads next to me right now that leak water through the spring pockets. Guess merlin heads suck to.

·
Car ramrod
10,130 Posts
I am looking at your sig. I see one sold and one on jackstands. That would mean you dont drive anything. Havent picked up a rifle and havent worn a uniform. Guess that makes me un-american. I thank you guys for what you do and have the most respect for you that serve. 2 of my best friends are in the marines and my girls father is a LT Colonel in the Air National Guard. Never experienced it, but have heard plenty of stories.

That doesnt change the fact that i support america, and if you have your head so far up your ass that you dont realize people on the homefront can also support the country, your an ass.

You wanna fight about america, we can do it in a seperate thread. This ones about heads that you guys cant get to work.

I have a set of World products merlin BBC heads next to me right now that leak water through the spring pockets. Guess merlin heads suck to.
did the merlins leak out of the box? See the thing is I haven't seen countless threads on many different forums about shitty heads from Merlin. Maybe you got a bad set. It happens. Search Yellowbullet, 429-460.com, stangnet, the corral and any other car forum on procomp. Maybe next time you buy Chinese heads from procomp ask then how many pallets of returned heads they get a day. Yes pallets a day. Seats falling out, bolt holes not lining up, helicoils coming out, broken valves, cracked heads, rocker arms not lining up, etc etc.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
did the merlins leak out of the box? See the thing is I haven't seen countless threads on many different forums about shitty heads from Merlin. Maybe you got a bad set. It happens. Search Yellowbullet, 429-460.com, stangnet, the corral and any other car forum on procomp. Maybe next time you buy Chinese heads from procomp ask then how many pallets of returned heads they get a day. Yes pallets a day. Seats falling out, bolt holes not lining up, helicoils coming out, broken valves, cracked heads, rocker arms not lining up, etc etc.
If i listed all the bad information ive seen on every forum ive looked at, i could make my own forum. Thats the main problem with the internet is anyone can post. A guy can have a cam that has .600 lift, a valvespring thats only good for .550, bottom the spring out, break the retainer/pushrod/and lifter and then come on the internet and say he got bad parts.

I go from personal experience. We got Felpros $11 dollar SBF head gasket to work at 1000 hp in the late 90s when felpro said it wouldnt work. We got the renegade engines to go 8000 with jimmy laracca in the late 90s when noone else coud get them past 7200.

This is why i cant look at every forum and take everyones word on how this work. I need to look at them myself and then make my opinion. Like ive said before, anyone can break anything, no matter what company its from. Youve had bad experience with the heads before, that sucks. For myself ive had good experience with everyone that ive worked on and modified. And we have had to modify heads from every company.

This is racing. You cant take any part out of a box and use it. Not gonna argue anymore about it. Ive stated my position and thats all im gonna do. Not fighting with anyone over a keyboard

·
Registered
15,307 Posts
My problem with Pro Comp is not necessarily the product...it is what it is...you definitely get what you pay for. However, my problem with Pro Comp is the company owner's business model and THAT I will never condone or support with one red cent and if anyone asks me, I'll tell them exactly that. He's a thief, a liar, and has no conscience and zero besiness ethic. But hey, he makes a lot of money! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,307 Posts
Yes I have worked on heads and have more expierience then you know with procomp heads. Look in my sig dumbass. You can see what I drive. Funny I am at the VA all the time as well: as a patient. Again tell me how you are the biggest supporter of America? Have you picked up a rifle and fought on foreign soil? How about even worn a uniform from our armed forces? I highly doubt it.
You need to slow your roll, junior. You don't have the market cornered on "defending your country". Lot's of us have, but it doesn't give anyone the right to be rude, foul mouthed and have a bad attitude. Thanks for your service, but you're home now. Chill out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i wonder if my question will be answered before this thread is locked....
http://www.hardcore50.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58999 looks like more junk to me? If I'm not mistaken there was a thread a couple years back with pics of brand new patriots that were totally machined wrong, and were just plain awful looking. I may be mistaken on the thread with all the pics, but I'm pretty sure it was the patriots.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I didnt mention anything about their other products. I spoke about their cylinder heads. Which will work when prepared correctly.

If you guys are going to start saying that im anti american or dont support our country, you guys better not own a foreign car. Ever car my family owns is american made. So if any of you own a toyota, nissan, or honda you better not be calling me anti american.

This thread was about pro comp heads. The fact is they work. You guys might have had bad experiences with them but they work. Ive worked on over half a dozen sets myself and every single one of them is still in service today, make the same power as the competition and arent show cars.

Like i said. You guys think your so PRO american, throw out your cell phone, kitchen, and every foreign car you own, and then come back and talk to me. I had an american flag hangin outside my shop before 9/11, and i can see the world trade center from my house. Noone on here can say they know more about being an american supporter more then me. Own 9 cars and they are all american.

Fact is these are the times we live in. Our goverment has sold out and enable things to be imported too cheap. But dont claim the heads dont work because they do.
THEY SURE DO WORK , DAMN GOOD 2

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
You would be surprised how many heads are cast in China. Patriots are, They come in machined and they cut seats ,hone guides and assemble. As far as helicoils in the rocker bosses, I have a brand new set of vintage chevy raised runner heads out of the gm box, bare, no guides or seats with pushrod holes undrilled and they came with helicoils in them. The only head I can swear to that are cast, machined, and engineered in the U.S. are the new line of Canfields bbc from PTM. I am confident there are a few more but I am sure of these. I believe it goes back to you get what you pay for ,Or what you can afford.. JM .02

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
i wonder if my question will be answered before this thread is locked....
As with any cast aluminum product there is no way to internally examine core shift, porosity, temper, Etc. without expensive sonic test or actually "cutting up" a casting to check for thin areas or voids in the head.
My humble advice is to look the heads over if you decide to go with the pro comp, examine the casting to see if drilled holes, machined pads/bosses are centered on the cast areas if it looks off to one side or the other the whole machining operation is probably shifted which will make the chance of a break thru or failure in stressed areas. Extreme seat/spring pressures, Quality of valve train components, rpm and intended use (limits) should be considered before you invest in a questionable product. Sorry for the long winded rant. Hope this helps. JM.02

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
I have used their BBC heads bare castings and assembled with good stuff,if is funny how when these heads come up in conversation it turns into a pissing contest over if your anti-american or not,the question is"Do they work" and a bunch of clowns come in that have a buddy,or heard,or read somewhere that they suck,but people that actually run them say they work,I think that sums it up,people just love to hate and say negative shit,if you walked up to a guy at the track and saw He had PC heads,would you tell Him they suck,or would you walk off and text it to Him?:D

·
T/S 368E
37,613 Posts
My problem with Pro Comp is not necessarily the product...it is what it is...you definitely get what you pay for.
However, my problem with Pro Comp is the company owner's business model and THAT I will never condone or support
with one red cent and if anyone asks me, I'll tell them exactly that.
He's a thief, a liar, and has no conscience and zero besiness ethic. But hey, he makes a lot of money! :rolleyes:
Exactly, someone with a clue!!!!

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Exactly, someone with a clue!!!!

Maybe He is tired of all the dead ended nonsense about his products,fact is that most people that degrade them don't know anything about heads so it is easy to talk shit over knowledge,and customer service?that went out years ago,it is how our Country is now,years ago the customer was always right,not anymore,it is part of the "change":(

·
T/S 368E
37,613 Posts

Again, another one that can't read.
What does any of that have to do with someone stealing another companies product, counterfeiting it, manufacturing a copy with slave labor,
and inferior material, and then selling it to ignorant, greedy people that want something they can't afford??
We don't give a damn about the actual product, even though in this case they are junk,
and greedy, ignorant people put up with it because of the huge difference in price!!
The change is asinine, and just another excuse for the greedy that think they deserve something they have not earned.
Give me, give me, give me is killing our country, and yes, I was part of it many many years ago before I understood what was happening!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I will never buy a knock off/ copy of any car part. Any company that steals other companies designs causes the designing company to loose money and forces them to raise their prices. Why do r&d and spend a fortune designing heads when procomp will copy them (half ass & yes I've seen them in person) and sell them for half price. Just buy the ORIGINALS and support companies that push our sport forward and stand on their own feet.

Anyone That knowingly buys knock offs just makes it more expensive for everyone else. The companies that make knock offs are only 50% of the problem people buying their junk are the reason they stay in business.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have used their BBC heads bare castings and assembled with good stuff,if is funny how when these heads come up in conversation it turns into a pissing contest over if your anti-american or not,the question is"Do they work" and a bunch of clowns come in that have a buddy,or heard,or read somewhere that they suck,but people that actually run them say they work,I think that sums it up,people just love to hate and say negative shit,if you walked up to a guy at the track and saw He had PC heads,would you tell Him they suck,or would you walk off and text it to Him?:D
That is so true , and the last part was actually a lil funny

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
those that really know what is going on

aint going to use that crap.

quite often someone brings them in and we dont even give them an estimate....

and they wonder why..

we tell them, that no matter what the problem is with the heads....
that a repair or reseal or fix will not be the end of your problems...
you never know what the next problem will be with your head.

have seen quite a few EVEN LATELY in the last year that the seat pocket was cut into the water jacket and obviously leaked....

and obvioulsy, I have found many that were SOFT.....

41 - 60 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.