Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here running the recently released 28.0/10.5R-15 Hoosier Bracket Drag Radials?
I’m thinking of switching from my current 275/60R/15 DR2s (#17375) and I’m wondering if these new non-DOT radials will generally hook better? The car is a ‘13 Maggie blown C6 with 6L80 trans FTI 3600 stall, currently runs 6.17 @ 112 w/ a 1.41 60’, with some tire spin (rough track).

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After making several passes on this “latest and greatest” radial slick, with tire pressures ranging from 15-12psi, I’m probably going to switch back to my previous tires. I have to say I’m disappointed that it doesn’t hook or 60’ as good as my old 275/60/15 DR2s, which are about 3.5 lbs heavier and DOT certified. In fairness, it may be that I haven’t found the right pressure and/or shock settings for this tire, and our local track is crap, so that may be part of it, but was expecting it to be better than the old 275s, since it is a lighter, full radial slick. This is on my C6 with Viking DA coilovers, which are set a bit on the soft side, which is what I have to do to maintain traction on our rough track surface.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I was curious how the Hoosier DR2 drag radials were. I've always ran MT drag radials. I've ran the 275/60/15 ET Street Radial Pro's, the 275/60/15 ET Street Radial R's, and the 26x8.5 Pro Drag Radials on my 1000rwhp+ Mustang and all work great, but considering giving the Hoosier radials a try for the hell of it

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have always gotten better results with Hoosier over any other brand. I used to be partial to M/Ts too, but I only use Hoosiers now.
The DBR is a badass, lightweight radial slick. It has a noticeably softer compound and thinner sidewall/lighter construction than my 275 DR2s, which might be why it didn’t hook as good on my car, especially since I didn’t spend much time trying to dial the shock settings and tire pressure with them. I ended up giving them to my brother for his 2010 Camaro and we’re going to test them this weekend on that with a 200hp shot.
My car hits the tire pretty violently, which I why I think the heavier sidewall 275/60/15 DR2 works better for me.
BTW: I see that Hoosier is adding more sizes to this lineup, including an 18” wheel version.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have always gotten better results with Hoosier over any other brand. I used to be partial to M/Ts too, but I only use Hoosiers now.
The DBR is a badass, lightweight radial slick. It has a noticeably softer compound and thinner sidewall/lighter construction than my 275 DR2s, which might be why it didn’t hook as good on my car, especially since I didn’t spend much time trying to dial the shock settings and tire pressure with them. I ended up giving them to my brother for his 2010 Camaro and we’re going to test them this weekend on that with a 200hp shot.
My car hits the tire pretty violently, which I why I think the heavier sidewall 275/60/15 DR2 works better for me.
BTW: I see that Hoosier is adding more sizes to this lineup, including an 18” wheel version.

I am considering trying the 235/60/15 Hoosier DR2 radial because I run a bit if 235 tire stuff. But I also run 275's as well so curious about trying the same tire in a 275/60/15 as well. Hoosier tires are also lighter than MT's as well.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
T
I am considering trying the 235/60/15 Hoosier DR2 radial because I run a bit if 235 tire stuff. But I also run 275's as well so curious about trying the same tire in a 275/60/15 as well. Hoosier tires are also lighter than MT's as well.
The Hoosier 275/60/15 DR2 is the best tire I’ve tried so far on my car. They are a few pounds heavier than the DBRs, and have a stiffer sidewall, but are very stable on my car. The lowest pressure I’ve tested in them is 13.5psi. Our old track is really crappy with a dilapidated surface, and these things hook great for a radial.
Here’s a fuzzy pic of it launching on those tires:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts