Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an engine diaper becuase it's only a matter of time before I get called on it. What an ill fitting piece of shit! if I attach the strap brackets on the outer header bolts, some of the spark plugs get covered. And, it seems way too close to the damper. Even though the instructions say a torque converter cover isn't required, I think the diaper will get chewed up by the flexplate without a cover.

I know there are different brands of diapers out there. Anyone find one that isn't as much trouble as this one?

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I got one from Taylor and it fits great. They actually have you fill out a form with your motor details so that it fits the first time, but if you have any problems, they will make it right for no extra charge.
Mine fits my 540 perfect, nice and tight, nothing loose or flopping around. It takes an extra 3 or 4 minutes to change the oil, but thats all. I just undo the back strap and fold it forward to access the drain plug.

·
Dina Parise Racing
795 Posts
Dennis makes great products.....

·
Dina Parise Racing
795 Posts
I bought an engine diaper becuase it's only a matter of time before I get called on it. What an ill fitting piece of shit! if I attach the strap brackets on the outer header bolts, some of the spark plugs get covered. And, it seems way too close to the damper. Even though the instructions say a torque converter cover isn't required, I think the diaper will get chewed up by the flexplate without a cover.

I know there are different brands of diapers out there. Anyone find one that isn't as much trouble as this one?
You were passing tech without it?(just curious)....

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I bought a DRE. It fit so so and I took it to a local upholstery shop and had it stitched up to fit better. That is what Dennis suggested with the pan I have and not wanting a custom made diaper. It is a PITA changing oil but no issues with doing anything else to the motor.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
That diaper with the heat cloth, etc was $515 custom made to fit the Moroso 20385/20370 aluminum pan. It took about a week to get from DRE.

·
FAQU
2,488 Posts
We just put our DRE Diaper on the Nova tonight, it's one of his that's made to fit the stock front cross member with stock location motor mounts. Fit's like a glove and no screwing around trying to make it work like some of the others. Thanks Dennis!!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
DRE :smt023

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
DRE all the way no problems at all...

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, a lot of guys like DRE. That's actually the one that I have, the one I want to throw in the trash. Sounds like I should call Dennis and ask why this one is such a pain.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
not easy at first but mount it off the front plate thats what we did have to drop it to do any maintenance...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts