Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone else is running that much boost on E85? I am running 30# a/w intercooled and the spark plugs look great.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I've been asking the same questions. Either the people who say it can be done are full of shit or the ones who are doing it are very tight lipped.

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
there's a GT500 from Florida running E85 on Twins up to 40 or 42 PSI making 1200+ to the tire. I'll see if I can find more details if you'd like

·
Registered
458 Posts
there's a GT500 from Florida running E85 on Twins up to 40 or 42 PSI making 1200+ to the tire. I'll see if I can find more details if you'd like
No disrespect to you but I'm not interested in stories of other peoples stuff. I want to hear it first hand from someone who is doing it.

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
ok, never mind then, good luck on your quest

·
Registered
682 Posts
No disrespect to you but I'm not interested in stories of other peoples stuff. I want to hear it first hand from someone who is doing it.
Look no further then, the guy who started this very thread said he is running 30psi on e85 with no problems. Reread the original post.

I'm all for more info and knowledge that I can gain here though.

20, 30, 40 psi is very vague, all boost is not created equal.

I'd love to hear more about your setup Greg 1320 as well as any other data you would like to share about it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I assume you guys are talking pump e85 and not e85 made with race gas.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I assume you guys are talking pump e85 and not e85 made with race gas.
You NEVER MIX ethanol and race fuel....unless its unleaded race fuel.

and even in that case WHY?

the main reason of the gasoline in the blend is to act as an accelerant to get the ethanol to fire....
some idiot somewhere said "ok we have a hard fuel to light, lets make it harder to light by adding 112 leaded race gas to it instead of 87 octane."....

Its just another case where some one thought hey if this is good then this must be better....
they are going the wrong way....cheaper grade fuel is easier to light and will make the combustion more complete and effecient.

dont get me started on this again.....lol....:smt021

·
Registered
4,731 Posts

the main reason of the gasoline in the blend is to act as an accelerant to get the ethanol to fire....
some idiot somewhere said "ok we have a hard fuel to light, lets make it harder to light by adding 112 leaded race gas to it instead of 87 octane."....

Its just another case where some one thought hey if this is good then this must be better....
they are going the wrong way....cheaper grade fuel is easier to light and will make the combustion more complete and effecient.

Get started bro! I'm all in..LOL!:smt072

·
Registered
682 Posts

Oh don't get me wrong here, I'm not condoning it or saying to do so. I totally agree with you, if I was looking to get more out of my e85 then I'd look no further than simply upping the ethanol content.
And I've read about the no no's of ethanol and leaded fuel. (possibly from your posts actually)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts