Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
i had a set on my cutlass,they were set on 9-10 depending on track conditions.i tried tighter than 9 and the front end came up to slow and would smoke the tires.if i set them at 11-12 it would leave good then smoke the tires about 40-50 ft. out. but every car is different. my buudy with a 69 camaro has his set 5-7. so just try it in the middle and then up if it spins the tires at the hit and go down if it leaves and then spins after leaving. good luck they work pretty good after you get them adjusted.

·
Lord of Lords
4,166 Posts
Best thing to do is take them off the car and sell 'em. Go buy a set of Alston Varishock double adjustable coilover conversions for A Body cars (if you have the stock front clip) I have a set on my chevelle and they are a true coilover, not a shock with a cone shaped spring that sits on the frame. If they went on that badass 66 in your sig, you probably should have a double adj on there anyways.

http://www.cachassisworks.com/CatPages/CAC_15/CAC_VOL_15_WEB_40.pdf

Don't buy 'em from Chassisworks directly, a dealer can usually get 'em cheaper to you, if you don't know any dealers I can put you in touch with someone.

·
The Godfather
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Best thing to do is take them off the car and sell 'em. Go buy a set of Alston Varishock double adjustable coilover conversions for A Body cars (if you have the stock front clip) I have a set on my chevelle and they are a true coilover, not a shock with a cone shaped spring that sits on the frame. If they went on that badass 66 in your sig, you probably should have a double adj on there anyways.

http://www.cachassisworks.com/CatPages/CAC_15/CAC_VOL_15_WEB_40.pdf

Don't buy 'em from Chassisworks directly, a dealer can usually get 'em cheaper to you, if you don't know any dealers I can put you in touch with someone.
Well unfortunatly thats what i have for now and will have on for this saturdays race...ill just try em and see...i can always increase travel if the yseem to tight i guess..

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have the Qa1 conversion on mine and depending on track conditions with a true 10.5 tire, they are set any where from 0 to 2. I would put on the wheelie bars and start in the middle of the shock settings and adjust from there.

Tom

·
The Godfather
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the Qa1 conversion on mine and depending on track conditions with a true 10.5 tire, they are set any where from 0 to 2. I would put on the wheelie bars and start in the middle of the shock settings and adjust from there.

Tom
i run bars all the time...all the way to the left is zero correct? Is that the loosest setting? then turn in to tighten right? I only went to them because the trz arms werent set up for stock springs..car worked great just tryin to knock weight down

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.