Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can get a edge evolution for a deal. anyone run this? i have a 2002 7.3l superduty that i just got and tow with and need a little more power.

·
Registered
880 Posts
If it's the dash mounted EVO2 you're talking about, I ran it until I sold the truck. It worked great. I'd run one again for sure. I always left it in "2" no matter what I was doing.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
I had one in my 00 F350. The regular Edge evolution programmer. I used the "tow" program and it worked GREAT! The other 2 on there sucked.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I have one, its not bad, looking to upgrade to something else here soon. You interested in buying one cheap?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one, its not bad, looking to upgrade to something else here soon. You interested in buying one cheap?
How much is cheap?

·
Registered
82 Posts
They are good units. When i worked at edge the ford calibrator was very good tuner. They currently still use his stuff. If you want something or need any ford,chevy, dodge diesel custom tuning let me know i can either Build you what you need or point you in the best direction.

·
Ask me about my Weiner!..
7,264 Posts
You'll be happier with a PHP tuner ( the same guy that does the tunes for Edge ), and a Edge Insight CTS for monitoring.. http://www.powerhungryperformance.com/ Check out the forum's their website leaves a bit to be desired..

The reason why is none of the Edge stuff will change the shifting stragey for the trans ( disregard if you have a manual ).. If you complain about the way it shifts now, mostly when towing ( shifting into OD at 45 MPH for example. A lot of guys bitch about the 4R100, it's the tuning on them that sucks, get that straightend out and they are a great trans. ), you will really bitch once it has some power. Seriously, check out PHP, you'll pay more, but you'll be way happier..

I ran a Evo for yrs, they do just fine. I'm a Edge dealer actually, and I wont recommend one for a guy that runs a auto trans in a 7.3..

·
Registered
191 Posts
i got a ts chip 2 months old that i just took out of my 01 ford 7.3 with an auto if anyones interested. worked great, but it didnt change the shift points that i needed hauling 20-25k everyday. i bought a dp tuner chip. jodi is the man when it comes to these 7.3's!

·
Registered
10 Posts
i had a edge it was alittle to harsh on my 4100 trans..i switched to a dp tuner ,jody in ga, great power selections ,cheap to

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I run the old school edge Evo on my 00 F350. I love it, but i don't have an auto either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts