Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about the number of runs you are getting on a radial slick. This is not the street radial, but a slick. I run M/T 29.5x9 (3056R) Radial slick and I am seeing 57-67 runs before they go away. I do a 2 gear change burnout and roll out of the water box. I love the slicks, they work great. I have been running them for 3 seasons now. But with the bias plys I got almost 100-120 runs which lasted a full season or more. Thanks in advance for your info.

Jim

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I run Hoosier LW radials, both 92.5 and 94, in 9X30. I get roughly 100 out of a set. Swap them from side to side, around 30 or so. 22 lbs usually sometimes, if track is really good, 23.5 or 24. 10" wheel helps them run flat across longer. Too narrow rim, and you'll burn the centers out. They are almost a .10 faster than a bias tire. I bet you already know that though !
Start your burnout in 2nd and go to high as soon as you can, and most of the time its about a 4 or 5 count, and they are ready.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kenny,

I would love to swap them but the M/T's are directional. I run a 15 x 8 rim also. I run between 21 and 22.5 pounds. Thank you for the info (It's hard to get info out of you Stock Eliminator guys...LOL) and yes I picked up almost .15 and 2mph and they drive like a Cadillac on the top end.

Jim

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just looked up the Hoosier #18210 and they are almost identical to the 3056R M/T. And they are non-directional. I think I can pop for the extra $2 per slick that might last a whole season instead of half a season. Thanks for your help Kenny !

·
Registered
62 Posts
i've talked to a bunch of guys who have ran both and they all say that they get more life out of the hoosier over the M/T. i've got a set of the hoosiers on my car that had 70 runs on them when i got them and i put another 30+ on them and they work just as good. picked up .15 immediately. 60's usually dont vary but .01 all weekend.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the responses, just ordered a set and will give them a try on May 15th. I'm a track whore and I usally make about 20 runs a weekend, including rounds and gamblers. So I need something that will last a little longer than the M/T's. Thanks again.
Jim

·
Registered
744 Posts
Thanks guys for the responses, just ordered a set and will give them a try on May 15th. I'm a track whore and I usally make about 20 runs a weekend, including rounds and gamblers. So I need something that will last a little longer than the M/T's. Thanks again.
Jim
Gimbo,

The 18210 is the tire I have run the last 3 years. Pressures were 19-21 depending on conditions. Made almost 80 passes last year with the fastest being the last pass. The M/T is a good tire also, but won't last. I really don't think is was intended for what I am/was doing with it.

Scott

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No Scott, running 8's @ 3350lbs on a 9" tire is not what the tire MFG's were thinking. I was just looking at the budget this year and buying 2 sets was not in the cards. Hey I miss you guys ! It's been a long winter and work has been stupid crazy. We need to get together soon. Where are you racing this year ?

·
Registered
744 Posts
No Scott, running 8's @ 3350lbs on a 9" tire is not what the tire MFG's were thinking. I was just looking at the budget this year and buying 2 sets was not in the cards. Hey I miss you guys ! It's been a long winter and work has been stupid crazy. We need to get together soon. Where are you racing this year ?
As of now most of my racing will be done on 11 Mile Road this year!! Call me!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
No problem James. Good luck with that fast ride ! We have a few fast AA/SA cars , but the dont run 8's !! 9.60's , yeah, but thats a long way from 8.90's !!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kenny I don't run 8's (10.60's here) My friend Scott has a 1965 Chevelle Naturally Aspirated 498ci Hot rod that has run 8.70's on said 9" Radial slick. That my friend is a fast car !!!!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I get 70-80 passes out of my radials. 22lbs with a light burnout.
1.45 60ft footbraking @ 3950lbs

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Andy,
You happy with all the upgrades you did this winter ? I was watching the progress, looks good ! My good ole buddy Kenny W. is heading to Bowling Green next weekend so give him a good slap from me will ya !!! Good luck ! By the way Kenny and I nicknamed you the "Double-o-kid" !!!! Wish I had an older car to compete with you guys, I miss the old NSCA days, I think that was the best 5 years of my life and also my most expensive...LOL

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
James,

Love the updates so far. Dropped about 40lbs off of the front end. Fuel system performs flawlessly. The fresh transmission has helped my r/ts so look out for some more .00s! I haven't had them in a while. I think the last .00 I've had in NMCA competition was against Ken in Joliet. .005 I think. lol I'm glad he's coming up. I've missed the guy since he only made a couple races last season. I'll be sure and tell him you said hi.

Your car almost hits the year cut off. That's a bummer. You could always build it to run Mean Street though. I'm not a big fox body fan, but I really like the 4 eyed models.

Maybe I'll see you in Milan?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The plan was to build a 1965 Falcon with my drive train, but one deal fell through and another became a bullshit scam. Then the down turn in the economy hit and the better half said no, no :smt018:smt018. So I am back to local bracket racing and the 4-eye !!! Again good luck next weekend !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts