Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got x and it seems almost imposible to play.. feel like it dosent do anything when i turn so i push it a little more and its out of control.. im using the keyboard. is a joystick worth it or should i cut my losses now.

·
Registered
9,264 Posts
i just got x and it seems almost imposible to play.. feel like it dosent do anything when i turn so i push it a little more and its out of control.. im using the keyboard. is a joystick worth it or should i cut my losses now.
You can adjust the sensitivity, but get a joystick. Its pretty amazing!

Whats even more amazing is when you start flying instruments with it. Atis, freqs navaids that work, g1000 with all the procedures....... Totally fucking awesome!

·
Aviation Section
25,487 Posts
I have always been partial to "X" plane but as others have said you have to get a Joystick or all the skills you develop won't translate into the real world.

The Grandson of one of our dispatchers had never flown an aircraft but had lots of time on Flight Simulator and I was running the SIM that day when he came in to watch, the DO told me to put him in the right seat (727) and he actually did quite well when I gave him all the speeds.

After a time the DO gave me that look on final and I gave the kid uncontrollable wind shear and he crashed but up till then he was good, those games not only are fine for hand/eye but actually translate quite well into the airplane. Dave

x

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,897 Posts
Don't know if it's similar....but Real Flight is cool...it's a traing program for both planes and helicopters....VERY realistic!

I use the Pheonix sim. Lots of planks and heli with different locations. A ton of fun when just wasting time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts