Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you do or have owned one what locks did you use for the rear door. I have a few different ones that you can't cut off, the problem is most will not work with these rear latches they have. I have one but I do not feel safe with this kind of lock.

Pictures or part numbers would be great.

THANKS...

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have the master brand lock discus but what are you guys using? I really think their should be a better suited lock for these things.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
It may not be much help, but...

In my experience, the lock is just a deterrent. I have Master locks on all my stuff, but if they want in, they'll get in.

The best style I've seen on trailers is the integral handle deal, where the lock and handle are flush with the side of the trailer, and the tumbler is built in. Much like a full-size truck. Sorry, no pics...

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do understand that but I can't change the handles that are on this trailer. I wish it had those integted ones in the door. I figured there would be a special lock for these handles but can't find anything? Thanks

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I've never really found much that will keep anyone out if they really want to bust in. You have to keep in mind that with most of the trailer door setups, all they really have to do is cut through the handle near the vertical bar it's welded to, and voila...they're in. It's actually a ton easier than cutting the lock off most of the time, and that handle is usually just mild steel so it cuts like butter.

Sucks, I know. But unless I want to pony up some serious bucks on a trailer with flush-mount handles and key lock, there's not much you can do.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Google "Blaylock". I saw a set of these on a trailer at my local track. Not sure of price or how theft proof they are though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.