Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Signed up because I read about some auto breakins close by last year.. Been looking at it but neighbors on app are pissing me off. They aren't close niegbors but nearby subdivisons. Latest is a poster that took a pic of a suspiscus car load of kids going to select houses , he called the cops and gave them a heads up. Turns out kids aunt is on nextdoor, seen the car because the right mirror was hanging off and it happened to be her nephew and friends looking for yard work. Mind you it was a black nissain with NO lawn equipment. Now the neighbors are on his ass saying he should track down the kid and apologise for calling the police, pretty much chastising him for not minding his own business..I think he had every right and I would have done the same. Anyone sign up and realize they can't stand their neighbors? This is my only social media type deal, and i ebven try not to reply, I dont do facebook and the other crap. Kids call neighborhood app dad;s facebook!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
I am on it. Seldom read it and never post on it. Once in a while there is a post of general interest, so it's not unlike YB in that regard. I was entertained the other day by a woman who posted saying she had a cat under her hood and drove with it for 3 hours from somewhere to Houston. As I said, it's just like YB...

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
79,097 Posts
I am on it. Seldom read it and never post on it. Once in a while there is a post of general interest, so it's not unlike YB in that regard. I was entertained the other day by a woman who posted saying she had a cat under her hood and drove with it for 3 hours from somewhere to Houston. As I said, it's just like YB...
PRETTY MUCH THE SAME FOR ME...OLD CAT WOMEN...TALKING ABOUT THEIR LIVES...I WOULDNT EVEN KNOW IT IF IT DIDNT EMAIL ME

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wait until you see the threads bitching about fireworks.
I already hit that , but this morning they pulled the threads. Problems our town is city and across the street unincorporated. Different times for fireworks. They bitch about fireworks and want respect but then they drive 60 down the street in a 25 zone.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Wait until you see the threads bitching about fireworks.
The fireworks thread for nextdoor by me is already 120+ replies last time I saw.

I rarely check it, but it can be entertaining, it is odd how it says they are in your neighborhood but can be a few neighborhoods over.
It seems really good for finding lost or missing pets.
The neighbors app by ring (which doesnt require a ring device) is kind of similar but anonymous so has some crazy posts, but alot less people.
I dont use facebook.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I'm not on it and considering what I'm reading here I'll likely never be on it. I have several cameras in and around my house. I couldn't give a shit what's going on 2 streets over. I worry about what goes on with my house.

Reactions: 71 Trans Am

·
Registered
22,482 Posts
Take the good with the bad, had a storage container on the side street of my house, had belonging in it,posted the info on next door and it turned out it was from a neighborhood truck that was broken into and the young lady got her stuf back.

·
Registered
19,949 Posts
We live in a very large suburban community. It is useful for recommendations of local businesses and services, announcements of road closures and other service disruptions, lost pets, security issues, etc. The most recent announcement was about someone in our neighborhood using a drone to spy into people’s homes. A lot of the area is heavily wooded and requires navigating the drones among trees to get close to homes so unlikely it’s accidental. I don’t participate in discussions about much of anything.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm on it. It has its good points, and yes there are some assholes on there, but there's assholes on
every site, just look around , you'll see them.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I needed fill dirt for one of our properties. Nextdoor came thru with free dirt.
Had some unused exercise equipment. Gave it to a young couple on Nextdoor.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I was on it at my old place. Everyone eventually migrated over to a neighborhood facebook page.
Ended up being pretty cool.

It was still going strong when I deactivated my fb last year

1 - 18 of 18 Posts