Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You won't wanna miss this race. Friday May 14th Gates open at 6 racing to start at 8:30. This race is at I-57 Dragstrip in Benton ,Illinois. for more info see the website at www.sikosracing.com. There is unlimited power adders, no weight limit and any rear suspension , This should get interesting!!!:eek:

$1500.00 Guarenteed to win !!!!!! No Min Car Count

275 DRAG RADIAL CLASS
2010 RULES

1. 50.00 entry fee for 15000 to win races.
NO CRUISE REQUIRED , NO LISCENCE AND INS REQ
2.275 SERIES DRAG RADIAL only NO BIAS ply Tire
3.RACE FRONT TIRES ALLOWED
4.PARACHUTES OKAY
5.WHEELIE BARS NOT ALLOWED
6.ANY CAGE COMBO ALLOWED
7. All SUSPENSION WILL BE ALLOWED (no full tube chassis)
8. LEAF SPRING CARS CAN HAVE SPRINGS RELOCATED FOR TIRE CLEARANCE
9.MINI TUBS OKAY
10.UNLIMITED POWER ADDERS ALLOWED
11.TUNING ALLOWED BETWEEN ROUNDS
12.MUST HAVE FACTORY DASH,DOOR PANELS AND TWO FRONT SEATS
13.HEADLINER OPTIONAL
14.IF NO BACKSEAT AREA MUST HAVE SHEET METAL FIRWALL
15.RACE GAS AND ALCOHOL PERMITTED
16.EXHAUST MUST HAVE MUFFLERS OR BULLETS NO INSERTS ( Only exception is turbo cars are not required to have mufflers)
17.HELMET REQUIRED
18.AFTERMARKET K MEMBER ALLOWED
19.LEXAN ONLY ALLOWED IN TRUCK REAR WINDOW,WHEN CAGE COMES THROUGH.
20. FIBERGLASS HOODS,DECK LIDS AND BUMPERS ALLOWED
21.COIL OVERS ARE PERMITTED

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
Wow......

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
What is it with all these so-called classes not allowing wheelie-bars?????? I don't get it. Seems like a safety issue....... :confused:
Can someone please explain the rationale to me in logical terms??????

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is it with all these so-called classes not allowing wheelie-bars?????? I don't get it. Seems like a safety issue....... :confused:
Can someone please explain the rationale to me in logical terms??????
In the past we have brought up the wheelie bar issues and all of our guys wanted to vote out the wheelie bars. This race series is 7 years old now and the majority of the rules where taylored to fit what the drivers ask for. I can see your point about the safety aspect of wheelie bars but on a flip note alot of guys with wheelie bars will turn the car way up ,where a guy without the bars has to manage the power. I guess its just a wash really

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
Turn it up! Bring it on! Racing is supposed to be about going fast....fast as you can.....this handicap bullshit is just bullshit!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Turn it up! Bring it on! Racing is supposed to be about going fast....fast as you can.....this handicap bullshit is just bullshit!

Here's the deal....A long time ago this class and racing series started out as King of the Street. Hence the KOS name. You used to have to make a cruise and be completely street legal Hell we made a 30 mile cruise a few years back with them in 100+ temperatures. I am suree Moparmatt remembers that one. Well....as more and more people bitched about making a cruise ( remember this was supposed to be for street cars anyway) the rules makers decided to stop the cruise, which then meant you didn't need ins. and it still didn't really help the car count. After all this blabbering I am trying to say originally it was street cars and no wheelie bars on street cars. If you are so worried about safety learn to crochet or better yet why complain about a rule, when you are one of the many that will complain, but not show up and race?:finga:

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
:rolleyes:

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
:p:eek:

·
Philippians 4:13
2,922 Posts
lol i dont know from who:p. Hope the race goes well! Hopefully ill be able to head up ya'lls way one day

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol i dont know from who:p. Hope the race goes well! Hopefully ill be able to head up ya'lls way one day

Thanks!! We have been buildin this series for 7 years now. This is not the largest payout in heads up, but i would venture to say it is the largest race payout with NO MIN CAR COUNT for 1500. with only a 50.00 entry. Oh yeah also if we get the car count to cover the payout we will include all entrys past that 100%

1 - 20 of 85 Posts