Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Anyone notice ammo prices dropping?

12K views 113 replies 36 participants last post by  FRANKTHECRANK 
#1 ·
Sure, they will probably never get back to pre Covid prices, never mind pre Obama prices but,.. I just bought 500 rounds of 9mm for $180.00.

.36 per round is a lot less then it was 6 months ago.

Reactions: legendman and app01
#4 ·
In April I bought 9mm rounds from Freedom Munitions for .88 per round.

Today, 9mm from the same place, they are .36 per round.

Reactions: legendman
#5 ·
I have

Primary Arms is spamming the sh** out of my inbox, as well as my preferred bulk ammo supplier that dont charge taxes

Im still not buying for awhile, I want it to crash hard. Stocked up very comfortably under Trump..... 😁

i should have sold a couple AKs tho.....might still be exorbitantly high, keep forgetting

Reactions: Jp outlaw
#6 ·
The only thing still scarce are primers. I don't do my own reloading but a buddy does,...can't get anything.

#7 ·
I cant find any reloading components that are readily available. Primers are the hardest to find. Literally non-existent. Powder and bullets are nearly just as hard to find, and prices are through the roof.

My competitive shootings days are over I think. Now I'm shopping for a new boat. That should keep me just as broke as shooting did.

#10 ·
You and me both

These are cyclic panic cycles. They said this would NEVER get better in1994, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016....etc

Prices go up, they come down. Just bide your time

Reactions: str8liner
#11 ·
Government has been issuing big contracts for ammunition not counting the military for at least twenty five years. They have successfully put many small to medium reloading companies out of business as main component suppliers kept increasing minimum purchase quantities higher and higher. This is nothing new - without ammunition all you have is a high priced rock or club!!!

#13 ·
Depends on caliber and demand. 9mm and .45 not too bad. .223 and .380 were both through the roof. Just had to suck it up on some RAS .223 because my tank was on E. Local shelves still empty at big box stores, and independent dealers still gouging at 75 cents/rd on just about everything. We won't see a real drop until product starts to stagnate on the shelves.

#15 ·
#14 ·
wally word in Abbeville, La has been getting some ammo, I bought 30/30 for less then $18 a box and 22 wmr for$11 a box. picked up a couple bricks of Federal 22lr for $18 a box.
Not great, but not a rip-off.
Have friends in Florida buying all the ammo they want at a Rural King, decent prices.

#21 ·
$42 for 50 rounds of Federal HST in 9mm or 40 S&W.

I haven't seen any Federal 40 S&W 135 JHP Low Recoil posted yet. It's my choice for HD, less likely to exit my house and into a neighbors. Last time I bought EDC/HD ammo it was about $14 for 20 rounds.

$35, geez....

#33 ·
Maybe I'll get a chance to try out my new S&W 9mm. Been holding on to what little ammo I have. I'm glad prices are going in this direction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.