Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out a way to get these a little cheaper and if I buy 300 or more I can get them for 3.50 per plug. Anyone else want to go in on some to save some money? If so please email or PM me.

[email protected] is my email.

·
Registered
133 Posts
ever try running the cheaper ones with the regular strap ? Gary Saleene told us when he dynoed our blower engine there was no differance in the plugs. We have been running them for three years with no issues and have tried the others to see if there were any advantages and i can say on our setup the 1.99 plugs work just fine

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ever try running the cheaper ones with the regular strap ? Gary Saleene told us when he dynoed our blower engine there was no differance in the plugs. We have been running them for three years with no issues and have tried the others to see if there were any advantages and i can say on our setup the 1.99 plugs work just fine
Really? I guess I didn't even think of that because everyone runs these for the most part. Thanks for the info I will look into it.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
From what i was told years ago the 6061 will melt faster and burn away kinda acting like a fusible link i have had a few ECU injectors stick closed and melted the plug off but did not hurt piston or head

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what i was told years ago the 6061 will melt faster and burn away kinda acting like a fusible link i have had a few ECU injectors stick closed and melted the plug off but did not hurt piston or head
That's interesting if true. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can get the 5671-10 for 1.50 per plug on the same 300 plug deal.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
That's interesting if true. Can anyone confirm this?
It may not work with a mag but with MSD-10 if i dropped a injector it melted strap off blew the electrode and ceramic off about 3/8 deep inside plug.it would mash rod bearing but that was about it

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have enough now to order so if someone wants a smaller amount I can do them.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
bill did scott call you on the 6061?

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bill did scott call you on the 6061?
Yes Scott is on the list. I will order them Friday and have by next Friday. I can deliver to the Shakedown and people can save on the shipping.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Yes Scott is on the list. I will order them Friday and have by next Friday. I can deliver to the Shakedown and people can save on the shipping.
Kewl, thank you sir, I was down to 1 box left after last weekend

·
Screwed and Loving It
1,026 Posts
I know of at least one very competivite ADRL/XDRL team that runs the R-5671A-10 over the R-6061 plugs. If you are running close to the edge, the 6061 will help. For most of us, the 5671 will be just fine, you just have to watch where you are at.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know of at least one very competivite ADRL/XDRL team that runs the R-5671A-10 over the R-6061 plugs. If you are running close to the edge, the 6061 will help. For most of us, the 5671 will be just fine, you just have to watch where you are at.
That's interesting info for sure.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
133 Posts
news flash on the 5671a plugs, lean on ur oreilly salesman if you buy alot from them i just got some for the throwdown @ 1.25 each !!!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts