my 1st grilled shrimp

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Made this last weekend.

·
Registered
14,031 Posts
You can keep them overgrown crawdads, not a fan, but those bone in ribeyes look damn good!
The lobster was a request of the wife. Those are bone in shell steaks. Prime grade. They were good

Reactions: cepx111

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Pork Chops on the grill tonight

Mama had rice and brussel sprouts cooked inside to go with them
Almost half left over because the kids eat like birds
I'm thinking lunch in on Tuesday and Wednesday
Working from the couch I have to go 15 ft to the fridge and another 7 ft across to the microwave for lunch

JT

·
Trolling the Trolls
14,993 Posts
Working on a 6.9 pork butt before trimming. Doing a triple apple profile. Apple wood chunks, apple juice and apple cider 50/50 mix for spritzing.

Temp control with the apple chunks have been a PITA compared to my normal smoking setup, So it's been too cold at 250, then spiked to 400. I was aiming for 300 on the Fake Egg gauge.

At 2:20 into the cook....

At 3:20 (3 am) into the cook, pulled at 160-165 IT and foil wrapped for finishing

4:10 AM, 195 IT in the middle, 205 on the edges, will pull about 5 am and let it coast down while I nap.

·
Former RJ instigator
41,086 Posts
Working on a 6.9 pork butt before trimming. Doing a triple apple profile. Apple wood chunks, apple juice and apple cider 50/50 mix for spritzing.

Temp control with the apple chunks have been a PITA compared to my normal smoking setup, So it's been too cold at 250, then spiked to 400. I was aiming for 300 on the Fake Egg gauge.

At 2:20 into the cook....

At 3:20 (3 am) into the cook, pulled at 160-165 IT and foil wrapped for finishing

4:10 AM, 195 IT in the middle, 205 on the edges, will pull about 5 am and let it coast down while I nap.
That's about my normal routine temp wise, but I never spritz a butt, no need really with all that fat content, plus I don't like lifting the lid while cooking, slows the cook down, but to each their own, as far as the pics go, I can't see jack shit on my end.

·
Trolling the Trolls
14,993 Posts
Do you really wanna see Jack shitting?

It pics are hosted on FB and show up find for me....dunno.

I'm trying new things while cooking.

·
Former RJ instigator
41,086 Posts
I made Christmas huevos rancheros for breakfast yesterday morning.

For those that don't understand the terminology, it's red and green chile sauce over two eggs on a warm flour tortilla, covered in cheese then melted in the oven, very typical New Mexican style breakfast, usually accompanied by pintos beans or hashbrowns, or both.

·
Former RJ instigator
41,086 Posts
Decided to try my hand at some street steak tacos, and I must say, they turned out amazing.

A couple perfectly cooked med rare ribeyes hot of the grill.

Chop steak into small pieces, dice some onion ( I couldn't find any cilantro at the store )

Warm buttered corn torillas on flat griddle, garnish tacos with lots of diced onion, cilantro if you got it, sprinkle with a little shredded cheese if you like ( I do ) and add you favorite taco sauce, I made some creamy jalapeno garlic sauce and hit them with some of that a splash of Cholula garlic pepper sauce.

Served with a side of nachos.

·
Former RJ instigator
41,086 Posts
I still had some hot coals from grilling the steaks so I decided to toss some wings on the grill, I oiled them up real good and dusted them with some Everglades Mesquite cactus dust, they were crazy good after a night of enjoying some adults beverages.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Snappa.......... Super easy and quick. 20 min or so. I've had people that don't like fish, like this fish.

thumbnail_20200817_183415.jpg

1961 - 1980 of 2014 Posts