Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1941 - 1960 of 1973 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Beef Plate Ribs in the Rec Tec

Good ole salt and pepper on the left and Kosmos Q on the right. They’re reversed in every other pic but the first one.

They were bangin and can’t wait to make them again!

·
Former RJ instigator
40,617 Posts
Damn that loos good as hell. Feel free to post up the recipe.
Here ya go buddy.

4 large green/red/orange bell peppers, gutted, rinsed, try to get peppers that have a flat bottom so they stand up better.

Brown 1 lb ground beef with about half a white onion, diced, drain fat, add about 1 cup of cooked rice to the meat mixture and season with salt & pepper to taste.

Place peppers in a casserole dish and stuff with the meat mixture, pour two cans of mild ( or hot ) rotel tomatoes and green chiles over the top and around the peppers, bake covered @ 375 for about an hour, then place one slice of whatever cheese ( I used medium cheddar ) you'd like over the top, return to oven until the cheese is all melty gooey.

That's it! Enjoy!

·
Former RJ instigator
40,617 Posts
@cepx111 what cut of pork is that? shoulder/butt?
It was a 7 lb boston butt.

I rinsed and trimmed the roast to fit in my crock pot, cutting off any excess fat.

I sprinkled two packs of pork gravy mix over the top, one packet of hidden valley ranch dressing mix over the top ( do not add water ), set slow cooker to low and cook 8-10 hours, when done it will be fall off the bone tender and that fucker will be swimming in juices, best pork roast ever.

·
Registered
13,965 Posts
steak fajita night, black beans, grilled pepper and onion, yellow rice, guacamole and some grilled pinnapple.

·
Senior Moment
6,857 Posts
It was a 7 lb boston butt.

I rinsed and trimmed the roast to fit in my crock pot, cutting off any excess fat.

I sprinkled two packs of pork gravy mix over the top, one packet of hidden valley ranch dressing mix over the top ( do not add water ), set slow cooker to low and cook 8-10 hours, when done it will be fall off the bone tender and that fucker will be swimming in juices, best pork roast ever.
...sounds dangerously close to Mississippi pot roast. Also, sounds great!!!

Reactions: cepx111

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Thanx cepx. I’ll try it this weekend. Even I can’t fuck this up.

·
Registered
128 Posts
About once a month I make these out of Elk steaks and switch them up with deer steak! And as you can see my 13 year old and I had a really good time in 2019! 3 mule deer and 1 cow elk....
Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
13,965 Posts
That’s a lot of meat!

·
Former RJ instigator
40,617 Posts
Club sandwich I made the other day was pretty damn good.

Garden fresh tomatoes, smoked ham, smoked turkey breast and thick cut Wright brand hickory smoked bacon.

1941 - 1960 of 1973 Posts