Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1801 - 1820 of 1854 Posts

·
Trolling the Trolls
14,208 Posts
Waffle irons are HUGE mess makers, there is a reason why they make the new guy at waffle house run the waffle maker.
Maybe at the WH's down south. Around here they are not so bad, just gotta hit the irons with hair spray first. They have drip pans for a reason. A good store will have a clean set ready to swap in about mid shift, and then at end of shift change.

·
Former RJ instigator
39,140 Posts
Maybe at the WH's down south. Around here they are not so bad, just gotta hit the irons with hair spray first. They have drip pans for a reason. A good store will have a clean set ready to swap in about mid shift, and then at end of shift change.
They pretty much got the non stick irons now, that's not the issue, the issue is the amount of batter is so elusive it always boils over and gets everywhere. My ex wife gave me her old waffle iron, ( she never gives stuff away ) it only took a couple uses to figure out why, fuck that shit, if I want waffles I go to waffle house....lol

·
Trolling the Trolls
14,208 Posts
They pretty much got the non stick irons now, that's not the issue, the issue is the amount of batter is so elusive it always boils over and gets everywhere. My ex wife gave me her old waffle iron, ( she never gives stuff away ) it only took a couple uses to figure out why, fuck that shit, if I want waffles I go to waffle house....lol
Quick ladle of batter, dump and run, add pecans if needed. If you other think the ladle amount, you get a mess. Its the WH way. While I was never employed by WH, I have grabbed an apron and hat (hair control) and made some mean ass waffles. The local WH's were owned by Marvin, he had a flower shop as well, named Marvin's Garden. All his WH's had marigolds out front.

Drop Bacon, well. HCO Omelet plate, scattered well, on dry wheat, no jelly.

Much respect for the line cooks that can remember all those orders.

·
Former RJ instigator
39,140 Posts
Quick ladle of batter, dump and run, add pecans if needed. If you other think the ladle amount, you get a mess. Its the WH way. While I was never employed by WH, I have grabbed an apron and hat (hair control) and made some mean ass waffles. The local WH's were owned by Marvin, he had a flower shop as well, named Marvin's Garden. All his WH's had marigolds out front.

Drop Bacon, well. HCO Omelet plate, scattered well, on dry wheat, no jelly.

Much respect for the line cooks that can remember all those orders.
Yes sir, mad props to any cook that can remember all the orders those ladies bark out, I used to be a line cook at Village Inn pancake house and I know I couldn't do it, I would need a ticket. What I have noticed at some of the WH's in our area is they'll have several cooks/helpers with very specific duties, one just for the hashbrowns orders & toast duties, one for the eggs and breakfast meats and one for the waffles irons.

·
A Senior Member
2,950 Posts

·
Sizeable Member
7,717 Posts
Those ribs were a tight fit, the bark looks amazing, very nice.
Yeah I really need to get a 22" WSM for ribs and bigger briskets. If I'm not careful the ends get burnt because of the way the heat comes up around the water pan.
looks gooooooodddddd
Thanks man. We had a warmish day here so I figured it was time for some Q. The wind made it hard to keep the temp up but I managed. :cool:

·
Former RJ instigator
39,140 Posts
HaHa -- do those bones look raw.... I just forgot to take pics after they were grilled
I ex-wife used to love t-bones/porterhouse steaks, so naturally I grilled them a lot more than I do now, she was a beast on them suckers, there wouldn't be a speck of meat left on the bone, used to piss the dog off so bad. :D

·
Former RJ instigator
39,140 Posts
Cheesy tater tot casserole.

Good comfort food for a cool winter day.

Easy AF to make.

1lb brownd ground beef and 1 small onion chopped, drain grease, add 4 oz milk, 4 oz sour cream, one can of cream of whatever, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, 1 can corn ( drained ), mix well, dump into a casserole dish, place tater tots on top, bake uncovered @ 375 for 50-55 minutes or until tots are golden brown, garnish with more cheese and stick back in oven till melted, serve.

1801 - 1820 of 1854 Posts