Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1681 - 1700 of 1709 Posts

·
Sizeable Member
7,707 Posts
Spicy food gives me issues :(
Sorry to hear that but you don't have to overdo it with the Tabasco. The chipotle stuff isn't as hot as the regular. I just add enough to give it a little tang. It adds another layer of flavor and counters the heavy sweetness of most commercial bbq sauces.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Nice. Mix a little Chipotle Tabasco into that Sweet Baby Rays and you'll really have something.
I use the Chiptole Cholula.
Same idea, gives it a roundness of heat and not just a punch you get with a "franks hot"

Also use that to marinade for my beef jerky.

·
The Liquor Makes Me Think
2,668 Posts
Got any more details on the Apple cake recipe?

Pretty typical apple cake.

I diced the apple first thing, then tossed them in a bowl with some brown sugar and the whiskey to let them soak. ~5-10mins.

Separate bowl mix 1 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/3cup oil, 1 egg, 1 cup milk, 1 tsp baking soda, 2 1/2 cup four, sprinkle in some cinnamon then mix in the diced apples with the whiskey. add more if needed. I didnt measure but probably ended up 1 cup or so.

Bake at 325 for 45mins.

Glaze was instant coffee mixed with milk. About 4 Tbs mixed into 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar. you can adjust that all to your taste.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
GF picked up some ribeyes, but they were a bit thin for my liking. I sliced em up and marinaded them in a random concoction I made from Olive oil, balsamic, and some spices. Turned out quite tasty. I was able to get some color on them without overcooking too badly. Will try again.

1681 - 1700 of 1709 Posts