Yellow Bullet Forums banner

141 - 160 of 1713 Posts

·
King of all Assclowns
11,236 Posts
Made this last night, turned out pretty good.

Italian Chicken and Spinach (serves 2)

2 chicken breasts

Marinade

1 cup olive oil
2 tbsp white wine
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp salt
2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp ground white pepper
1 tsp basil
a pinch of rosemary
a pinch of ground red pepper
Spinach

Addl. Ingredients
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 stick of butter

Slice chicken breasts thin, combine all marinade ingredients in ziploc bag, and marinate chicken for a couple of hours.

Sautee marinated chicken in olive oil on medium heat.

While chicken is cooking, take remaining marinade, add 1/4 cup white wine, 1/4 cup cream and 1/4 stick butter and reduce on low heat. Add in your preferred amount of spinach and simmer til fully cooked.

Mix chicken and spinach, and pour on remaining sauce.

I'm the worlds worst recipe writer, but that's basically how it went down lol

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Made this last night, turned out pretty good.

Italian Chicken and Spinach (serves 2)

2 chicken breasts

Marinade

1 cup olive oil
2 tbsp white wine
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp salt
2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp ground white pepper
1 tsp basil
a pinch of rosemary
a pinch of ground red pepper
Spinach

Addl. Ingredients
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 stick of butter

Slice chicken breasts thin, combine all marinade ingredients in ziploc bag, and marinate chicken for a couple of hours.

Sautee marinated chicken in olive oil on medium heat.

While chicken is cooking, take remaining marinade, add 1/4 cup white wine, 1/4 cup cream and 1/4 stick butter and reduce on low heat. Add in your preferred amount of spinach and simmer til fully cooked.

Mix chicken and spinach, and pour on remaining sauce.

I'm the worlds worst recipe writer, but that's basically how it went down lol
You did good!

Denny

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
This was good.

Grilled Swordfish with Cilantro Lemon/Butter.

The Swordfish was brined for a couple of hours. Found fish brines pretty quick so you do it less or it will come out salty.

Denny

·
Registered
13,514 Posts
no pictures, however, last night:

Fried Flounder Filet - egg washed, italian bread crumbs and cooked in olive oil.
2 Steamed Lobsters (~ 1.5#s) - served with melted butter (can post a pic later)
Garlic Whipped Potato
Broccoli sauted with butter and fresh garlic.

·
Registered
53,668 Posts
I made orecchiette con salsiccia a rapini. A great dish that fills you up, best for winter.

Crumble Italian sausage and fry in skillet with olive oil and garlic. I add some sliced jalapeno pepper as well. While that is underway sauté your rapini with olive oil and red pepper flakes. Cook it well, until its limp. I cut it in halfs or thirds, as it is easier to eat that way. When the rapini is done, add it to the cooked sausage skillet and mix. When the orecchiette is done (al dente of course), drain, reserving a half a cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the skillet with the reserved water and mix over low heat. Add more olive or to taste, and serve.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
I made orecchiette con salsiccia a rapini. A great dish that fills you up, best for winter.

Crumble Italian sausage and fry in skillet with olive oil and garlic. I add some sliced jalapeno pepper as well. While that is underway sauté your rapini with olive oil and red pepper flakes. Cook it well, until its limp. I cut it in halfs or thirds, as it is easier to eat that way. When the rapini is done, add it to the cooked sausage skillet and mix. When the orecchiette is done (al dente of course), drain, reserving a half a cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the skillet with the reserved water and mix over low heat. Add more olive or to taste, and serve.
What da fuck is dat? orecchiette con salsiccia a rapini! Doesn't sound like smoked brisket to me. What part of the south are you from? Looks like I need to do a little research. Woe, the basics sound good. Real good! I love to steal ideas! Good move. Now if you would just post a picture. Worth a thousand words, really is.

Denny

·
Registered
13,514 Posts
no pictures, however, last night:

Fried Flounder Filet - egg washed, italian bread crumbs and cooked in olive oil.
2 Steamed Lobsters (~ 1.5#s) - served with melted butter (can post a pic later)
Garlic Whipped Potato
Broccoli sauted with butter and fresh garlic.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Didn't bump, but did vote. Man, I used to play beer league slow pitch softball, what a hoot! Hope you guys did better than we did. Would bring a keg of beer to each game which was nothing but gasoline on the fire. We would shit talk and even get into fights over slow pitch softball. Can't imagine how that would work in Hockey.

Denny

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
An oldie but a goodie in my book and super easy to make. An old neighbor turned me on to this. Grilled Italian Sausage and pan seared Peppers n Onions on Linguini. Just Olive Oil n Butter as a sauce for the Pasta. Add some extra Fennel seed to the Sausage to kick it up a bit in flavor.

Denny
Damn that looks good, have to try this.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Is the orange things on the left a carrot or a pepper?

Sorry not the best cook, but trying to learn, lol.
Don't sweat the little stuff. Orange Sweet Pepper. Sear the Peppers and Onions in Olive Oil and Butter, the juices help flavor the sauce. Little known fact is Orange and Yellow Sweet Peppers are sweeter than the red ones and cooking them using higher heat converts starches into sugars making them even sweeter. A big part of cooking is you eat with the eyes first. Always try and add a color to food to make it more appealing. In this case I used a yellow pepper, an orange one and a green pepper not only for taste, but also for complementary colors. If you look at a color wheel yellow and green are next to each other making the colors complementary.

Another reason for color is it also means nutrients. As a rule of thumb the more color, the more nutrients. I've posted this before. Stop taking vitamins!! Just eat real food. You will be healthier.

From the Annals of Internal Medicine:

Despite sobering evidence of no benefit or possible harm, use of multivitamin supplements increased among U.S. adults from 30% between 1988 to 1994 to 39% between 2003 to 2006, while overall use of dietary supplements increased from 42% to 53%

http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=1789253

Denny

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Don't sweat the little stuff. Orange Sweet Pepper. Sear the Peppers and Onions in Olive Oil and Butter, the juices help flavor the sauce. Little known fact is Orange and Yellow Sweet Peppers are sweeter than the red ones and cooking them using higher heat converts starches into sugars making them even sweeter. A big part of cooking is you eat with the eyes first. Always try and add a color to food to make it more appealing. In this case I used a yellow pepper, an orange one and a green pepper not only for taste, but also for complementary colors. If you look at a color wheel yellow and green are next to each other making the colors complementary.

Another reason for color is it also means nutrients. As a rule of thumb the more color, the more nutrients. I've posted this before. Stop taking vitamins!! Just eat real food. You will be healthier.

From the Annals of Internal Medicine:

Despite sobering evidence of no benefit or possible harm, use of multivitamin supplements increased among U.S. adults from 30% between 1988 to 1994 to 39% between 2003 to 2006, while overall use of dietary supplements increased from 42% to 53%

http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=1789253

Denny
Thank you, was very good. Thanks for the info!

141 - 160 of 1713 Posts