Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1521 - 1540 of 1923 Posts

·
Registered
9,244 Posts
Well I'll be dipped in dog shit, never in my life have I seen canned sausage gravy, wow.

Bro, you owe it to yourself to make some real deal pan gravy, you'll never eat that canned shit again.
Publix sells it in can,,don't remember the brand name.

I buy these packets made by Southeastern Mills at Aldi it's called Country Gravy. Of course not as good as home made but these don't have milk in them. If I eat gravy made with milk I can shit through a screen door.

Packet makes 2 cups so I can have some leftover.

·
Former RJ instigator
39,908 Posts
Publix sells it in can,,don't remember the brand name.

I buy these packets made by Southeastern Mills at Aldi it's called Country Gravy. Of course not as good as home made but these don't have milk in them. If I eat gravy made with milk I can shit through a screen door.

Packet makes 2 cups so I can have some leftover.
I've seen the powdered stuff Rick and I've used it before in a pinch, but never for B's & G's.

·
Former RJ instigator
39,908 Posts
Time for another Mississippi pot roast!

Mashed potatoes & gravy and fried green tomatoes as sides, good stuff!

In case you missed it, this pot roast is stupid easy to make and always comes out perfect.

One 3-4 pound chuck roast, rump roast or English roast.

1 package Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix ( dry )

1 package roast beef au jus gravy mix ( dry )

1 stick butter

5-6 peppercinis

Place roast in greased crock pot ( easy clean up ), sprinkle roast with gravy mix and ranch dressing mix, ( I coat both sides ), lay a stick of butter and place peppers on top, put a lid on it, did not add water.

Cook on low for 10 hours or high for 5, you cannot fuck this up even if you were trying, you add some veggies about half way thru the cooking time if you want, I usually add some cut up red potatoes and 1 quartered onion for flavor.

·
Registered
9,244 Posts
Time for another Mississippi pot roast!

Mashed potatoes & gravy and fried green tomatoes as sides, good stuff!

In case you missed it, this pot roast is stupid easy to make and always comes out perfect.

One 3-4 pound chuck roast, rump roast or English roast.

1 package Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix ( dry )

1 package roast beef au jus gravy mix ( dry )

1 stick butter

5-6 peppercinis

Place roast in greased crock pot ( easy clean up ), sprinkle roast with gravy mix and ranch dressing mix, ( I coat both sides ), lay a stick of butter and place peppers on top, put a lid on it, did not add water.

Cook on low for 10 hours or high for 5, you cannot fuck this up even if you were trying, you add some veggies about half way thru the cooking time if you want, I usually add some cut up red potatoes and 1 quartered onion for flavor.

Fair warning,,IF you are salt sensitive, OMIT the Gravy mix. Wife made this Tuesday,,

·
King of all Assclowns
11,277 Posts

Brisket flat that I smoked while on paternity leave.

Rubbed with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne mix, and spritzed with Dr. Pepper.

Smoked for about 7 hours over mesquite at around 250-275

·
King of all Assclowns
11,277 Posts
Ok let's try that again.

Rubbed with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne mix, and spritzed with Dr. Pepper.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Ok let's try that again.

That is a good lookin brisket. I haven't quite got the hang of them yet. Definitely working on it though.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
For the seafood lovers. We eat a lot of seafood. If I have a forte, this is probably it.

Ceviche.

Blackened Snapper.

Smoked Salmon.

Steamed shrimp and blackened scallops.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Cold smoked then grilled chicken wings.

Spice rub to your liking, cold smoke for one hour, then about 20 minutes on a high temp grill.

Rotisserie chicken.

Smoked pork butt.

Smoked turkey breast.

Cheers!!

·
Former RJ instigator
39,908 Posts
Cold smoked then grilled chicken wings.

Spice rub to your liking, cold smoke for one hour, then about 20 minutes on a high temp grill.

Rotisserie chicken.

Smoked pork butt.

Smoked turkey breast.

Cheers!!

For some reason I', not seeing any of your pictures.

Anybody else not seeing them? :confused:

·
Former RJ instigator
39,908 Posts
Beef spare ribs, they were amazing. Low and slow on the Weber, wrapped about half way through.

Hmmmm, bacon wrapped baked potatoes.

·
Former RJ instigator
39,908 Posts
I meant to post this picture in my other post, if you haven't tried it yet, Weber makes a killer rub that is perfect for beef ribs, steaks and pork chops.

Weber's steak & chop, try it, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
398 Posts
A lot of people seem to downplay the Weber seasonings but they are really quite good, and affordable, besides. Those beef back-ribs you did look great.

1521 - 1540 of 1923 Posts