Yellow Bullet Forums banner

121 - 140 of 1713 Posts

·
Former RJ instigator
37,501 Posts
These were pretty good so I guess they qualify for this thread.

Made'em yesterday, just a pretty basic club sandwich, smoked turkey, smoked ham, sharp cheddar, fresh Ripley tomato slices ( local ), ice berg lettuce, mayo, piled high on toasted white bread.

·
Former RJ instigator
37,501 Posts
Bell peppers stuffed with sweet Italian sausage, ground beef and rice, smothered in rotell, topped with Italian cheese blend, they were pretty damn good.

·
Trolling the Trolls
13,718 Posts
First attempt at anything Italian, Just sausage, onions, peppers, maters, seasoning, pasta. Enough for 6 for under $5

Nothing fancy, just cheap grub.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
First attempt at anything Italian, Just sausage, onions, peppers, maters, seasoning, pasta. Enough for 6 for under $5

Nothing fancy, just cheap grub.
Here is the whole thing. It doesn't have to be fancy to be good. Really, really doesn't. Got caught in-between a rock n a hard spot time wise yesterday and ended up grabbing a bag of burgers through the drive threw n eating one in the car while I hauled ass home. Dumped the rest in the fridge to take a shower and run to help a friend who is having surgery this morning for a pre-op consultation. They were 5 for $4.75 and I went bigtime upgrading to cheeseburgers. My wife last night had the choice between cheap burgers or leftover Lobster. She choose the burgers, said she had lost her taste for Lobster. Amazingly good for the money.

Denny

·
Trolling the Trolls
13,718 Posts
I do a lot of simple one pan dishes, or crock pot cooks. Parents came from the poor corner (SE) of Ohio and it would be "depression era" food that they grew up on that I like.

AKA Grandma's cookin'.

Been getting the sausage loops from Kroger's for $1.50-$1.75 when on sale plus eCoupon. Due to gout I can't eat beef anymore, besides the prices are insane!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Simple but absolutely delicious.

12-15 per pound shrimp splashed with olive oil, sprinkled with Montreal Steak seasoning and grilled with the shell on. Grilling with the shell on really adds a lot more flavor. Dipped into a Cilantro/Lime butter sauce. Sides of Garden Tomato and Avocado with a lime/basil vinaigrette, grilled Artichoke and Shishito Peppers.

Denny

·
Registered
151 Posts
.. these Cajun bakes on the bbq were damn good.. with a little flank roll and garlic bread on the side for good measure, and of course a few beers while they cook...

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Killer! Really! Real Andoule sausage n all. (You can tell by the fat chunks) Tell us more as I like to eat that way. Exactly what ingredients were used? Seasoning? How long on the grill? My kind of meal so do please tell.

Denny

·
Former RJ instigator
37,501 Posts
Killer! Really! Real Andoule sausage n all. (You can tell by the fat chunks) Tell us more as I like to eat that way. Exactly what ingredients were used? Seasoning? How long on the grill? My kind of meal so do please tell.

Denny
Well let's see Denny, I see salt & pepper grinders, Tony Chachere's original creole seasoning , two different kinds of McCormicks grill mates seasonings, too small to tell which ones though, honey and minced garlic.

The shrimp looks pre-cooked though.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Well let's see Denny, I see salt & pepper grinders, Tony Chachere's original creole seasoning , two different kinds of McCormicks grill mates seasonings, too small to tell which ones though, honey and minced garlic.

The shrimp looks pre-cooked though.
I noticed the exact same thing except I can't figure out what happened to the crab nor do I know what is next to the potatoes. Traditional Cajun would be Tasso Ham.

Denny

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Being no one has made anything good lately nor posted any recipes lately, guess I will. This was good.

Wilted Spinach n Bacon Salad

An old time dish for me and something I used to make at the table using a butane burner for dinner guests. Added a Salmon filet to make it a meal.

Wilted Spinach Salad

Ingredients
8 ounces fresh spinach (for two people)
2 eggs
8oz bacon, chopped (saving 3 tablespoons bacon grease)
Dozen or so mushrooms, sliced
½ East Texas Sweet Onion (thin sliced)
Salt n Pepper to taste

Dressing
3 tablespoons bacon grease
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Small squeeze of Lemon
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Kosher salt

Directions

Boil the Eggs to make Hard Boiled Eggs. While the Eggs are cooking chop the Bacon and cook it saving 3 tablespoons of the fat. Thin slice the Mushrooms and Onions. Salt and sauté each separately and save. Drain, peel, slice, pepper/salt the Eggs n set aside.

In a large pan add the ingredients of the dressing over low heat and whisk together. Add the Spinach, Mushrooms n Onion. Toss and immediately plate using thongs. Garnish with the Egg.

Denny

·
Registered
8,909 Posts
My Dad used to make a Wilted Lettuce Salad,,cooked some bacon,,remove meat, ad sugar to the grease, pour over the lettuce after the grease had melted the sugar.

Chop the bacon,,if u have a hard boiled egg,chop,throw it in. Throw over lettuce or spinach.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
^^^^^ Damn man, anytime you post something, I get hungry!...I'm coming to your house to eat!
Well thank you. If I know you are comming, I'll leave the light on.

Sent from my jungle hammock surfing the net after getting bored watching MMA. Hardest part is unzipping the sucker to pee. Tuff problem at times.

Denny

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
My Dad used to make a Wilted Lettuce Salad,,cooked some bacon,,remove meat, ad sugar to the grease, pour over the lettuce after the grease had melted the sugar.

Chop the bacon,,if u have a hard boiled egg,chop,throw it in. Throw over lettuce or spinach.
You grew up more privileged than me. To this day my mid-west in-laws think a salid is a bunch of chopped veggies with whatever is the cheapest store bought dressing. Damn, why could I not have been rich n entitled instead of plain ol pretty! Next life.

Denny

·
Trolling the Trolls
13,718 Posts
It is good to be the chef/cook/grillmaster

Those knobs of butter really helped before wrapping after 5 hours of smoke....

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Best Wings I have ever eaten. Vietnamese Pok Pok Fish Sauce Wings. Posted this before with the recipe how to make them and someone commented that it sounded like a lot of work for Chicken Wings. All I will say is try it once. Did a slight variation and added a little sesame oil n seeds to them. Speaking of the Bomb, these are them.

Denny

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Cooking Asian again.

Korean Bulgogi (Marinated thin sliced Beef) Lettuce Wraps

Been a huge fan of Korean food from Day 1 when I first had it. Bulgogi in Korean means "Fire Beef" and is a staple of Korean BBQ. To this day I have a vivid memory of being in Seoul Korea and a guy wearing huge mitts brings out a large metal bowl of charcoal placing it in the middle of the table. Then placing a metal dome on top and the waitress bringing out the food cooking it in front of you. Love at first bite.

You can buy thinly sliced Rib Eye in Korean grocery stores, or you can freeze the meat for about an half an hour to lightly freeze it so you can slice it thin. Cooked using high heat either over a metal dome over charcoal or using a fine mesh so nothing falls through. Many times it is cooked at the table for freshness with an assortment of dipping sauces and side dishes. If you have never eaten at a good Korean BBQ restaurant where it is prepared at your table, you really should.

I cheated some and seared it in a hot pan.

Marinated Bulgogi

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs of thinly sliced Ribeye
1/4th cup soy sauce
1/4th cup of Soju (Korean national liquor) or you can use vodka
1/4th cup of Coke Cola
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 of a Korean Pear peeled and course chopped
1 large onion course chopped
1/3rd of an onion sliced (to be cook with the steak)
6 garlic cloves peeled and smashed
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
4 tablespoons sesame oil (2 for the marinade, 2 to saute the meat if using a pan)

Lettuce Wrap:

Bib Lettuce
Mint
Fried Noodles

Directions:

Combine soy sauce, Soju (vodka is you happen to be fresh out of Soju), soda, sugar, pear, onion, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, and garlic in a blender and blend till smooth. Put meat, sliced onion, sesame seeds in a large bowl and pour marinade on top. Mix well and cover with plastic wrap. Let it marinade for about 4 hours.

When you are ready to eat, get a large pan very hot and cook meat in batches. Add a little sesame oil to the hot pan, about a handful of meat and cook through making sure some get a sear so it caramelizes. Place on top of a lettuce leaf with chopped mint and noodles. Good stuff.

Denny

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Guess I've had a real Jones going on lately for Asian food.

Kimchi Pork Fried Rice

Ingredients:
• 1 lb trimmed marinated pork (Same Bulgogi marinade that I posted earlier or do what I did and buy it already marinated)
• 3 tablespoons oil
• 2 teaspoons sesame oil
• 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
• 1 garlic clove, finely minced
• 1/2 cup finely chopped kimchi
• 1 teaspoon soy sauce
• 4 cups steamed rice
• 1 bunch green onions (sliced)
• 2 tablespoons Korean red chili pepper paste
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• ½ cup chicken broth
• 1 egg per serving
• 2 tablespoons butter 

Directions:
Steam Rice and set aside, slice Green Onions and set aside. Mix Korean chili paste, sesame oil, sesame seed, sugar, soy sauce and chicken broth. Microwave 30 seconds, stir and set aside. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick Wok or large skillet over high heat till it starts to smoke. Add the onion, garlic and cook till the onion starts to wilt. Add the Kimchi and cook until it begins to crisp on the edges and set aside. Add remaining tablespoon of oil and stir-fry the Pork making sure some of it gets caramelized. Add the Garlic/Green Onions/Kimchi, sauce and rice back to the pan and stir thoroughly to combine. Cook until the rice is warmed through and beginning to brown, (about 5 minutes) and remove from heat.

In a separate pan using medium low heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter and melt the butter. Crack the egg(s) into the skillet, sprinkle it with a pinch of salt and immediately cover the pan with a lid. Cook until the egg white is cooked through and the yolk is barely set. Slip a spatula underneath the egg and transfer it on top of the rice. Eat immediately, being sure to break the yolk and let is act like a sauce over the rice.

Denny

121 - 140 of 1713 Posts