Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1361 - 1380 of 1704 Posts

·
Senior Moment
5,960 Posts
I'm probably way off, and I know no one asked me, but I would call that med. rare. I'll venture to guess that was low 130's. Closer to med., than rare. I'm just guessing, but what was it?

·
Registered
13,508 Posts
I'm probably way off, and I know no one asked me, but I would call that med. rare. I'll venture to guess that was low 130's. Closer to med., than rare. I'm just guessing, but what was it?
I call it med rare as well. Taken off the heat at 135. It’s a tad more done than I’d have preferred, but still awesome, :)

·
Senior Moment
5,960 Posts
....taken off at 135, it still rises another 5 or so, right?.....I'm still calling it closer to med than rare. Either way, looks just fine to me, and I would plow into it!

I'm sure I'll be corrected, but I thought for Rare you pull it at 120 to let it rise towards 125.....125 rare to 135 med....

·
Registered
13,508 Posts
....taken off at 135, it still rises another 5 or so, right?.....I'm still calling it closer to med than rare. Either way, looks just fine to me, and I would plow into it!

I'm sure I'll be corrected, but I thought for Rare you pull it at 120 to let it rise towards 125.....125 rare to 135 med....
I was shooting for med-rare. That’s why I said it was a tad more than I wanted.

I think we are on the same page

https://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/kitchen/doneness.php

·
Former RJ instigator
37,445 Posts
Just a little something I wiped up before work tonight.

Shrimp and chicken stir fry.

1lb large shrimp, shelled & de-veined, 1/2 lb chicken breast tenderloin, cubed.

Sliced onions, sweet red bell pepper, sliced celery, bamboo shoots & water crestnuts.

Splash cooking oil in the wok, high heat, in goes the chicken and shrimp, seasoned with salt, cracked black pepper and garlic powder ( I was out of fresh garlic ), stir fry for about 5 mins tops, remove from heat and set aside, add a little more cooking oil & liberal splash of sesame seed oil, add veggies, stir fry about 5-8 mins, add shrimp and chicken back in, finally season everything with about 1/4 cup soy sauce, heaping TBS of oyster sauce, mix everything up real good, done, about as simple as it gets.

·
Former RJ instigator
37,445 Posts
It ain't much to look at, but it sure was good, fried boneless loin chops, then slow simmered in onion gravy till fork tender, served over white rice.

·
Registered
11,103 Posts

Sliced onions, sweet red bell pepper, sliced celery, bamboo shoots & water crestnuts.

Splash cooking oil in the wok, high heat, in goes the chicken and shrimp, seasoned with salt, cracked black pepper and garlic powder ( I was out of fresh garlic ), stir fry for about 5 mins tops, remove from heat and set aside, add a little more cooking oil & liberal splash of sesame seed oil, add veggies, stir fry about 5-8 mins, add shrimp and chicken back in, finally season everything with about 1/4 cup soy sauce, heaping TBS of oyster sauce, mix everything up real good, done, about as simple as it gets.

That looks really good.....simple, quick and tasty.

·
Senior Moment
5,960 Posts

...I'm thinking i would like this over rice, though your pork chop/gravy look fine. I wish my bride was a little adventouras, when it comes to food. I don'tdislike shrimp, but I've really only used it as a delivery vehicle for cocktail sauce, which I love. The bride just writes off any seafood.
If you, or anyone has a good suggestion for a chicken stir fry, or anyway I can cheat in shrimp, I would give it a try.

·
Former RJ instigator
37,445 Posts
...I'm thinking i would like this over rice, though your pork chop/gravy look fine. I wish my bride was a little adventouras, when it comes to food. I don'tdislike shrimp, but I've really only used it as a delivery vehicle for cocktail sauce, which I love. The bride just writes off any seafood.
If you, or anyone has a good suggestion for a chicken stir fry, or anyway I can cheat in shrimp, I would give it a try.
I would normally serve this over fried rice or white rice but I kinda ran out of time so there you go.

As far as the chicken stir fry, just use the recipe above minus the shrimp.

·
Registered
11,103 Posts
The Shrimp I would pull out eat.
And like almost everything else you would be missing the whole taste and texture experience of the complete meal.......what are you like 9 or 10?

I appreciate people having different tastes than others because that's what makes the world go around, but you need to shut the fuck up with the middle school critique and telling everyone what you don't like in every thread.

Stick to square school pizza and chicken nuggets , it's your safe zone.

·
Former RJ instigator
37,445 Posts
Today's fresh catch!

The warmer weather has finally got the fish to biting in our residential lake, I caught a few this morning after work and decided to keep enough to make fish tacos!

BTW, small largemouth bass ( 3/4-2lb range ) eat just as good as crappie IMO and in our lake, they are a lot easier to catch, so win win for me!

Nothing like fresh fish, this was enough for 4 BIG fish tacos!

All plated up with some homemade hushpuppies, picture does not do this meal justice, they were amazing!, dab or two of homemade tarter sauce, liberal splash of Frank's red hot, all stuffed in a warmed flour tortilla, the only thing missing was some slaw, but it was late and I didn't have time to run to the store, plus it was time for bed! :cool:

1361 - 1380 of 1704 Posts