Yellow Bullet Forums banner

421 - 440 of 1748 Posts

·
Registered
13,614 Posts
So last night I had some pieces of beef tenderloin defrosted that I had cut from a entire Fliet Tenderloin. they were not good sized to make as straight steaks, so I had to brainstorm a meal.

Took a few garlic cloves, honey, ground ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce and threw them in a bullet blender, mix it for a minute or so.

Cut the meat into bite sized pieces and poured most of the mix over the meat and set it aside, left some of the marinade for the veggies

cut up some zucchini, julienned a red pepper and trimmed up some green beans.

heated a pan and added some sesame oil, sauteed the veggies a few mins and then added the marinade, cooked until they were tender, set them aside in a bowl.

added some canola oil to the pan and then cooked the meat for about 4-5 mins to a mid-rare temp.

served over jasmine rice - meat was like butter and both the wife and boy had seconds. Came out real good and I was pleased.

no pics as I didn't think of it and the plating was uninspired.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #422
So last night I had some pieces of beef tenderloin defrosted that I had cut from a entire Fliet Tenderloin. they were not good sized to make as straight steaks, so I had to brainstorm a meal.

Took a few garlic cloves, honey, ground ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce and threw them in a bullet blender, mix it for a minute or so.

Cut the meat into bite sized pieces and poured most of the mix over the meat and set it aside, left some of the marinade for the veggies

cut up some zucchini, julienned a red pepper and trimmed up some green beans.

heated a pan and added some sesame oil, sauteed the veggies a few mins and then added the marinade, cooked until they were tender, set them aside in a bowl.

added some canola oil to the pan and then cooked the meat for about 4-5 mins to a mid-rare temp.

served over jasmine rice - meat was like butter and both the wife and boy had seconds. Came out real good and I was pleased.

no pics as I didn't think of it and the plating was uninspired.
Sounds like the $24.99 Hibachi dinner Chef Special to me and for $5.00 you can have shrimp with it.

Denny

·
Former RJ instigator
37,962 Posts
Fried smothered pork sirloin chops ( boneless ), mashed potatoes and gravy, over cooked green beans in chicken stock, yummy.

·
Former RJ instigator
37,962 Posts
Made some wood grilled steaks again, a couple nicely marbled ( choice ) New York strip steaks, I used a mix of charcoal and pecan wood this time, cooked to a perfect medium rare, they were very good.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
Bouncing from Soul Food to Cajun. The same pancake battered Catfish I made a couple of weeks ago except with crushed Macadamia nuts and Pecans along with the Cracker crumbs. Then I topped it with Crawfish Etouffee.

Anyone ever see me when I used to dance on Coon-Ass?

Denny

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
What smoking temp are you using? Never smoked cheese before but thinking about smoking some fresh Mozzarella.

Denny
Ambient temp.. Cheese has a bad habit of melting... ;}

I have a rather non- conventional smoker... now... after having conventional ones..

I have a smoke generator than works at any temp..

Not hard to do - and in fact, I'm looking forward to creating a new unit after screwing with mine and realizing how easy it could have been from the start, if I wasn't thinking it was hard...

The cheese is a favorite staple around here - and a requested / welcomed perk to friends /family / and good customers when I do some... and ( I could do it any day , at any time.. but I only give it out occasionally - to keep it special to other people...)

Process entails buying cheese, cutting it into workable sizes for surface area, putting it on grates, loading the smoke generator with chips, and turning a dial to make heat at about 400 degrees...

An hour or so later...BAM... Detectible cheese...

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #433
Ambient temp.. Cheese has a bad habit of melting... ;}

I have a rather non- conventional smoker... now... after having conventional ones..

I have a smoke generator than works at any temp..

Not hard to do - and in fact, I'm looking forward to creating a new unit after screwing with mine and realizing how easy it could have been from the start, if I wasn't thinking it was hard...

The cheese is a favorite staple around here - and a requested / welcomed perk to friends /family / and good customers when I do some... and ( I could do it any day , at any time.. but I only give it out occasionally - to keep it special to other people...)

Process entails buying cheese, cutting it into workable sizes for surface area, putting it on grates, loading the smoke generator with chips, and turning a dial to make heat at about 400 degrees...

An hour or so later...BAM... Detectible cheese...
Shown my cold smoked Salmon several times along with the very fancy custom built smoking box.:) That btw, can be bought from me.

One of the chefs in the group of friends I have is pretty much the guru on processing game and making cured meats. Everything takes what they have to him. He told me to cold smoke the temperature should never go above 80 degrees. Guess I need to stick my digital temp probe into my fancy well built smoking box to see what temps I'm really getting but I only will do it on a day that is at least below 50 degrees.

Denny

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Shown my cold smoked Salmon several times along with the very fancy custom built smoking box.:) That btw, can be bought from me.

One of the chefs in the group of friends I have is pretty much the guru on processing game and making cured meats. Everything takes what they have to him. He told me to cold smoke the temperature should never go above 80 degrees. Guess I need to stick my digital temp probe into my fancy well built smoking box to see what temps I'm really getting but I only will do it on a day that is at least below 50 degrees.

Denny
Yeah, when I get a chance, and some scrap stainless, I'm going to make a new generator.. I'll try to remember to get pics of the first gen ...

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #437
Korean Hibachi on a backyard BlackStone. Gonna do more of a pictorial as this is something anyone can do with a little planning using a grill and pans. Basically this was prep and practice for me to do a fun meal for friends. Hope you enjoy, I did.

The trick to any meal is ingredients and preparation so everything comes out at peak at the same time. Prior to using the griddle: Trimmed the meat (for the Kimchi Rice), steamed the rice and did the veggies for it. Cleaned and seasoned the shrimp, marinated the Beef Rib and blanched the Chinese Broccoli. Steamed the dumplings and got the sauces out plus arranged the plates. Turned on the grill and my smoker I use as a holding oven.

There is a very distinctive sequence also to help keep the grill clean.

Veggies first..........

And into the holding oven to keep warm while the rest of the meal is cooked.

Now the meats.........

Beef into the holding oven.

Now finish the Shrimp and Dumplings.

And............. into the holding oven.

Now the Kimchi Rice.

and of course........ into the holding oven.

Lastly....... A couple of fried eggs to top the rice.

Plate it hot and you have a true international gourmet meal and a fun evening with friends. You can dress to impress. Recipes below.

Marinated Bulgogi Beef Short rib

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs of thinly sliced Short Ribs
1/4th cup soy sauce
1/4th cup of Soju (Korean national liquor) or you can use vodka
1/4th cup of Coke Cola
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 of a Korean Pear peeled and course chopped
1 large onion course chopped
1/3rd of an onion sliced (to be cook with the steak)
6 garlic cloves peeled and smashed
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
4 tablespoons sesame oil (2 for the marinade, 2 to sauté the meat if using a pan)

Directions:
Combine soy sauce, Soju (vodka is you happen to be fresh out of Soju), soda, sugar, pear, onion, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, and garlic in a blender and blend till smooth. Put meat, sliced onion, and sesame seeds in a large bowl and pour marinade on top. Mix well and cover with plastic wrap. Let it marinade for about 4 hours.

When you are ready to eat, get a large pan very hot and cook meat in batches. Add a little sesame oil to the hot pan, about a handful of meat and cook through making sure some get a sear so it caramelizes.

Kimchi Pork Fried Rice

Ingredients:
• 1 lb trimmed marinated pork (Same Bulgogi marinade that I posted earlier)
• 3 tablespoons oil
• 2 teaspoons sesame oil
• 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
• 1 garlic clove, finely minced
• 1/2 cup finely chopped kimchi
• 1 teaspoon soy sauce
• 4 cups steamed rice
• 1 bunch green onions (sliced)
• 2 tablespoons Korean red chili pepper paste
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• ½ cup chicken broth
• 1 egg per serving
• 2 tablespoons butter 

Directions:
Steam Rice and set aside, slice Green Onions and set aside. Mix Korean chili paste, sesame oil, sesame seed, sugar, soy sauce and chicken broth. Microwave 30 seconds, stir and set aside. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick Wok or large skillet over high heat till it starts to smoke. Add the onion, garlic and cook till the onion starts to wilt. Add the kimchi and cook until it begins to crisp on the edges and set aside. Add remaining tablespoon of oil and stir-fry the Pork making sure some of it gets caramelized. Add the Garlic/Green Onions/Kimchi, sauce and rice back to the pan and stir thoroughly to combine. Cook until the rice is warmed through and beginning to brown, (about 5 minutes) and remove from heat.
In a separate pan using medium low heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter and melt the butter. Crack the egg(s) into the skillet, sprinkle it with a pinch of salt and immediately cover the pan with a lid. Cook until the egg white is cooked through and the yolk is barely set. Slip a spatula underneath the egg and transfer it on top of the rice. Eat immediately, being sure to break the yolk and let is act like a sauce over the rice.

Now after all that, my wife just yelled at me and got to deal with a damn Armadillo tearing up my yard. Cat trying to chase it off w/o much luck. Shit never ends!

See ya later, I got shit to do.

Denny

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #439
22 Sub Sonic 2x to the rib area, that way you don't have to bury it.

They have done so much damage to my yard.
I use a live trap and take them out into the country. Problem is this time of year they are trying to fatten up for winter so they are super destructive. Obviously they could care less about cats. Built like little tanks.

Denny

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #440
Yesterday was trying to clean out the fridge and got the bright idea of putting some of the Crawfish Etouffee I made for the Catfish on the Kimchee Rice and topped it with an egg. Delicious! Really was.

Denny

421 - 440 of 1748 Posts