Yellow Bullet Forums banner

241 - 260 of 1703 Posts

·
Former RJ instigator
37,426 Posts
These will be good, does that count Denny?

Fresh from the gulf of Mexico, jumbo Royal red shrimp, don't be hatin' :finga:

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
Gonna do my best and used the friend of a friend method to figure out where we are going to eat. The soup dumpling, or xiaolongbao, for example is to Shanghai what the chicken wing is to Buffalo.

Something you gotta try.

Another on our list is: Da Dong Roast Duck Restaurant. Rated "Chinese restaurant of the year" for Peking Duck and recommended by "a friend of a friend." The menu alone is a work of art and 160 pages. Just something though about "Da Dong" that sounds just a bit ghetto, but what the hay.

Of course, my specialty is the street food.

This is what they consider to be a "Hamburger."

Denny

Denny ,can describe how the third pic is made and what is in it? It looks good, I would try to make it.

I stumbled across this because the SEARCH feature on YB SUCKS,,I was looking for how to do the fried green beans,,I knew I saw it but could remember where.

Going to try the beans shortly.
My Photobucket account won't let me sign on,,??? Can't post pics of anything.

·
Former RJ instigator
37,426 Posts
Recipe ^^^
I assume you're referring to the goulash I made above, sorry I've been slipping on recipes lately, my bad.

Goulash

2 lbs ground chuck, browned

1 large onion chopped

1 Tbs minced garlic

1 Tbs Italian seasonings

1 BIG can crushed tomatoes

About a half a can of tomato paste

4 cups beef broth

Couple good splashes of worcestershire sauce ( about a heaping Tbs maybe? )

Couple good splashes of soy sauce ( trust me it just works in this )

Combine all ingredients above and simmer about 30-40 mins, add 1lb uncooked elbow macaroni and simmer another 30 mins until tender, adjust liquid as necessary as the pasta will absorb some of the liquid, season to taste with salt and pepper.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
This was good.

Guess I'm the only one who gets into side dish's. Sure the grilled Shrimp were good, but the Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Cheese sauce was killer. Cut the Cauliflower up into steaks, Olive Oil, Salt n Pepper and grill them like you would do a steak. Either set them aside on the grill or into a 350 oven to finish cooking through and slop a bunch of basic Cheddar Cheese sauce on them. A good char really adds to a simple veggie.

Denny

·
Registered
13,503 Posts
grilled vegs are great, make them frequently, usually eggplant, zucchini, pepper and yellow squash. Will have to try cauliflower.

Damn! That does look good.

Denny
Thanks Denny. I also made sauteed banana for the wife and daughter.

I buy unsliced "stuffing" bread so I can thick slice for the toast. mix my egg dip with cinnamon and vanilla extract.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
Fuck yes!!

Outstanding. Rack of Lamb that I rubbed with salt n pepper, browned at 650 degrees and slow roasted for 5 hours. With my usual Rosemary/Thyme Red Wine reduction sauce.

What I thought was particularly good was the Beets. (Remember, I love side dish's!!) Organic Beets with their tops. Roasted the Beets with butter at 400 degrees but I removed the tops, cleaned, sliced, and blanched the tops. Then sautéed them with Garlic using Butter/Olive Oil. Outstanding veggie dish. The tops are more like spinach.

Mashed tators.............. If you guys are peeling, slicing, and boiling, you are throwing away flavor. I like to bake them, remove the meat and mash with Half n Halt n Butter. Notice I said mashed. When you whip them it changes the consistency. Try cooking with the skin (Roast, Microwave or even boil with the skin on) if you want a dense more flavorful mashed potato.

Denny

241 - 260 of 1703 Posts