Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got one of these tickets in the mail with a pic of the back of my truck. It happened on 95 at 12:30 am on a Sunday morning or Saturday night (depends on how you look at it) It was a mobil unit and it was hiding behind the concrete barriers. It's a cheap ticket but don't need this shit on my record. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Usually when you get a camara ticket, there arent any points involved because they cannot prove who was driving the vehicle. If i were in your shoes, i would just pay the fine. After all, you shouldnt have been goin fast enought to trigger the camara anyway. Slow it down and just pay it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
hey dude , i live in maryland and there is no points for the ticket. it is just a fine, pay it and you are done.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Also the police have nothing to do with it. I believe all those speed cameras are run by a contracted company. The state or municipality get a percentage of the ticket.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I just got one too.
Shows i ran a red light. i never run red lights.WTF can they photoshop this shit or what?
I remember stopping at this light too!

·
lost at the beach
1,557 Posts
Had one of these last year for the inlaws. look it up online to see if it's yours. they got a speeding camera ticket from baltimore city for their dodge truck. looked at the video online and the truck online was a ford, somebody misread the tag number. Hell their truck has never been across the bay bridge let alone Baltimore city. took months to get it straight and then another 2 hours at the mva to renew the tags because somebody screwed up. by the way if you don't pay it they suspend your tags and they will only mail you a correction letter, they can't fax it to MVA.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also the police have nothing to do with it. I believe all those speed cameras are run by a contracted company. The state or municipality get a percentage of the ticket.
The camera was mounted to a white suv, couldn't see what it was, just saw what looked like a laptop on inside the vehicle, no interior lights on. I asked myself who the fuck would be working at 12:30 at night and then a big flash lit the sky up and I knew right away what it was.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had one of these last year for the inlaws. look it up online to see if it's yours. they got a speeding camera ticket from baltimore city for their dodge truck. looked at the video online and the truck online was a ford, somebody misread the tag number. Hell their truck has never been across the bay bridge let alone Baltimore city. took months to get it straight and then another 2 hours at the mva to renew the tags because somebody screwed up. by the way if you don't pay it they suspend your tags and they will only mail you a correction letter, they can't fax it to MVA.
Thanks, I'll look it up

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I am a cop...I am telling you to fight it...here in Florida they are throwing just about every one out!!!!! It is a very flawed system....

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I get one at least once a month. I'd rather pay the $40 from a camera ticket then a cop write me one.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I'm in Maryland and I would pay it. Although a Lady did get out of a ticket because State of Maryland could not prove when the camera had last be calibrated. I'm sure it cost her more to fight it then to pay it though.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am a cop...I am telling you to fight it...here in Florida they are throwing just about every one out!!!!! It is a very flawed system....
I have heard it's very flawed, but I don't live in MD, I'm either in SC or CT. I would have to take a day off and travel there if it doesn't get thrown out.

Jim

·
Registered
29,417 Posts
Are you in the pic? If it's just the rear of your truck how can they prove who was driving? They need to prove who was driving. It is their responsible to prove you were driving and if they don't have a pic, they aint got shit.

Fuck this free revenue these states are trying to get. Enough is enough. A real cop should of pulled you over.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Are you in the pic? If it's just the rear of your truck how can they prove who was driving? They need to prove who was driving. It is their responsible to prove you were driving and if they don't have a pic, they aint got shit.

Fuck this free revenue these states are trying to get. Enough is enough. A real cop should of pulled you over.
Its is Bullshit, red light and speed cams cause the same if not more accidents from drivers slamming on there brakes when they come right up on the cameras. I've had people slam on their brakes on green lights that are about to turn because they know there is a camera on the light.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I agree, a real cop should have been there. They do not show me in the pic, but they want you to provide a sworn statement sent to them via certified mail.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I agree, a real cop should have been there. They do not show me in the pic, but they want you to provide a sworn statement sent to them via certified mail.
I go that way to work every day. If you come back through Maryland again, here's some advice:

That little white Jeep Liberty is sitting on the inside median (where the fast lane is) in the northbound lanes EVERY DAY. It's set up just after the I-695 exit. Stay out of the fast lane through that section, as that one is the only one right now. When last I checked, they had it set up so that it would take your picture when you are going 12 mph (67) over the speed limit. That could have changed, however.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I go that way to work every day. If you come back through Maryland again, here's some advice:

That little white Jeep Liberty is sitting on the inside median (where the fast lane is) in the northbound lanes EVERY DAY. It's set up just after the I-695 exit. Stay out of the fast lane through that section, as that one is the only one right now. When last I checked, they had it set up so that it would take your picture when you are going 12 mph (67) over the speed limit. That could have changed, however.
It still is 12mph over, I was in the North bound middle lane, but it was 12:30 at night and not a person around, guess they have nothing better to do than get the people trying to travel with the least amount of traffic on the road.

·
Registered
670 Posts
It still is 12mph over, I was in the North bound middle lane, but it was 12:30 at night and not a person around, guess they have nothing better to do than get the people trying to travel with the least amount of traffic on the road.
Here's something else to piss you off: Most of the time the truck is unoccupied. It's all done by remote control now. So, you might have gotten a ticket by an automatic camera. They won't even pay somebody to take your car's picture. Insult to injury!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts