Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
over this winter i want to have my muncie converted to "pro-shifted" ie crashbox. anywhere somewhat local to me that you guys know of? dont want to ship it. TIA

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I found once I made it to the low 12's I could not keep a muncie in the car for more than a week or two before it failed, broken gears,cracked cases, put a auto in your big fat car and go faster with little to no problems, the switch in my car gave me a half second with no other changes except a swap to the 400. Banging gears is great untill you break it, I got tired of always being down. The only other alternative would be to go to a high quality manual transmission!

·
Registered
16,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
never going auto in this car. trans was $200. used and has been in the car for 10 years. leaving at 5000 on hoosier drag radials,....

you think thats crazy? im still running a 2 piece driveshaft...car has been 11:75 at 116 so far and theres more in it

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Mine has the stock two piece in it as well, mine was four speed for years, but I eventually gave up, do you have the stock rear end as well?, and how does it 60 with your launches, mine will 1.50 wheels up, never would do that with the muncie!!
mine has bested 10.64 at 126mph

·
Registered
16,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, i broke all the shit in the rear 1 piece at a time. theres a 9" in it with all the good stuff. best 60 so far is 1.65 with the left front off the ground

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Well I was just making a suggestion, I could never get consistency with a four speed in my car, and I also had to put a 9 inch in mine as well, I really didnt want to go with an automatic but it worked out for the best and I have had to do zero maintenence on the drivetrain since the swap, also never won anything with the 4 speed but you cant beat the cool factor of banging gears!

·
T5 & T56 building fool
25,285 Posts
Liberty Gear does all the face plating. Everyone else basically just installs the parts they get from Liberty. My only advice is to take what ever time frame they give you to get it done and double it possibly even triple it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts