Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
4,370 Posts
awh what a cute little guy.

savana monitor?

i've wanted a monitor for a while but idk the ones i like are way too much money...

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
My Iguana "Tico" died last year.......................she was 19 years old and 6.5 feet long. I'm trying to sell her enclosure to make room for a 125 gallon aquarium. This was is an older pic when she was about 5 foot long:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Beautiful lizards! I keep boas, 7 currently. Many people don't understand the attraction, but I just think reptiles are fascinating.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Houdini, male ball python. He got his name because he is an escape artist. When he gets out, his favorite place to hide is my couch,,,,,,, I dont know why there but that is where he goes.

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
When I was 15 I got a Savannah Monitor because I thought they were bad ass....

It was a sick fucker... his favorite thing to do was to grab a rat by the head and he would jerk his head backward really quick and right as he stopped his head he would open his mouth just long enough for the rats wieght to force it about 1/16th of an inch into his mouth then he would close his mouth and repeat. He did this pulsing motion at a rate of about 15 time a second by the time the rats was up to his fore legs he would open his mouth wide and the disoriented rat would try to run away inadvertantly running right down into his stomach (you could see his feet though the outside of his throat and gut as he ran in) when this little plot of his would work he would sit there and wriggle like a chick having an orgasm :smt102

IF that was not disgusting enough what really closed it was after eating a rat whole about 3-4 hour later the nasty fucker would sit on top of his hot rock and FART!! and lots of times when he did you could see little pieces of fur blow out his ass and the smell was something that right now 30 years later makes me sick to think back to....

The only other redeeming thing he ever did was just when I had decided to sell him, I had a guy coming over in 2 days so I wanted to fatten him up for the sale, so I fed threw 3 rats into his cage. After eating 2 he nodded out and the third one either bit or clawed out one of his eyes, I heard him hiss and jerk away from the rat and as he did I could see the fluid running out of his eyeball untill it was completely collapsed and concave, I was really pissed and felt sorry for him but figgured what the fuck could I do so I went to bed. The next day when I woke up I was going to take him to a herpatologist I knew and ask what to do, when I looked in the cage his eye had reinflated and was good as new :) when I sold him he was about 3 ft long and was about as big around as a loaf of bread, I had never been as happy to get rid of something in my life.

·
The Medcine Man
8,149 Posts
Houdini, male ball python. He got his name because he is an escape artist. When he gets out, his favorite place to hide is my couch,,,,,,, I dont know why there but that is where he goes.
You know why he goes there man, you lay down on him he's F'in ya up.:p

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
That Salmon boa is nice looking.

I had a really nice looking corn snake once, as far as lizards I would have to say my alligtor lizard was a cool little guy.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Had a green iguana years ago. She got too big for the encloser, so I tried to sell her, but had no luck. Her liver and kidneys quit working, so I had her put to sleep. She was about 4 feet long.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Had a green iguana years ago. She got too big for the encloser, so I tried to sell her, but had no luck. Her liver and kidneys quit working, so I had her put to sleep. She was about 4 feet long.
UVA and UVB lighting is essential to an iggy's life.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I only have two snakes now. I have a Gray Band kingsnake and a Western Hognose. My wife and I used to run a pet store so we have had it all. From 11 ft Albino Burmese to American Alligators. We also had a HUGE Savannah Monitor that was just as tame as a cat and would roam the house and not stay in an enclosure. He was 5ft or better long and as big around as a basketball. Some of my favorites were Pac-Man frogs. We have and have had tons of fish also. I miss the large snakes, but we got rid of them when we started having kids. Meanest was an Alligator monitor and a Cayman that we had. Like I said you name it we had it. Over 57 different spieces of snakes also.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts