Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question about getting a title for a car, that the title has been lost. I've sent emails to the Alabama DMV, but they're not answering me.

·
Brewmaster
12,628 Posts
If it's anything like here... Apply for a duplicate title if it's yours. If you're buying it, do a bill of sale, walk into the DMV, get the ball rolling on the title. Shouldn't take more than 3 trips.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the car already in your name
No, buddy of mine bought a car, and it came with a couple others with no title, wondered how much of a pain in the arse it'll be to get a title for it. I should have elaborated in original post, my bad.

I did enter the vin here, and shows a hit, so it was titled in Alabama. When I checked in the Florida DMV nothing came up.
https://www.alabamainteractive.org/ador_vic/Search.do

·
Registered
21,784 Posts
No, buddy of mine bought a car, and it came with a couple others with no title,
Well, ...heh... the reason they have titles is to prevent theft. Otherwise, ANY of us could "obtain" a car someplace, and re-title it in our name. You might, just for fun, review this little dance.....

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=958770

There ARE ways to approach this, but it varies state by state. It usually involves attempting to contact the original owner Some states require a bond "just in case" for a period of time.

·
Registered
889 Posts
You will haft to run a notice of abandoned vehicle in the local paper for two weeks with vin # and a thorough description. And then you can apply for an abandoned vehicle title, with proof you have sought the owner

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There ARE ways to approach this, but it varies state by state. It usually involves attempting to contact the original owner Some states require a bond "just in case" for a period of time.
Yeah, that's why I was hoping for the off chance someone here might work for the DMV, and maybe can find out who last titled it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.