Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone here is using a ProProducts Crosswind SBC intake on their track car?

If so, how well is it working?

I also noticed that they are offering a Hurricane Plus and Super Hurricane now. Anyone tried one of these??

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I have ran the crosswind in the 2007 EMC it made 511hp on the 350 with flt tappet cam and 10.01 compression ratio. I have ran the Hurricane on the 2008 EMC it made 625hp on a 406sbc with 10.22 compression and a flt tappet cam. I have the Super Hurricane on my 406sbc in my race car. I never dynoed the engine but hopefully I can get some track times soon.

The crosswind I only gasket matched on the Hurricane I heavily modified for the EMC with epoxy and porting.

I think out of the box the hurricanes are better than a super vic Edelbrock, however the crosswind is probably really close to a Edelbrock Performer air gap in the power department.

The crosswind is now on my malibu that I have been trying to take to the track but weather and bad luck have prevented that from happening.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the Crosswind isn't any better than the RPM Air Gap??

I think I will look at the Hurricane. Do you think the Super Hurrican would work better on a 11:1 383 with Dart 215's??

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
The super will have to big of runner and plenum, and they take a lot of work, the Super is made for a larger engine I used the EFI one on my 420 after a lot of work it did ok

·
Registered
517 Posts

I think I will look at the Hurricane. Do you think the Super Hurrican would work better on a 11:1 383 with Dart 215's??

Go with the regular hurricane it's alot better than the super version. We have done a bunch of testing with both intakes and the regular hurricane always make more average power

·
Registered
1,605 Posts

I think the Crosswind and the Air gap are close. I have not done intake comparison on the same engine.

I would also use the regular hurricane. Little factiod on the 2007emc 350 I actually tested the difference between the crosswind and the Super Hurricane, both had only been port matched. The Super Hurricane made 25 more horse power but lost 23ft/lbs of torque and at some points it lost even more torque, the averages were horrible.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
The Super works well on what its made for, after a lot of work the runners and plenum is a lot larger.

·
Registered
969 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good catch doublesperformance.

I want to try and keep as much of my torque as possible since the car is going to weigh in at around 3100 (I think).

I will probably go with the Hurricane for sure but I already have a Crosswind that I bought last year and still have it in the box.

Let me ask you guys what you think this will do. What would using a 1" or 2" Super Sucker plate on top of the Crosswind do?? Will something like this help keep some of the low end torque while helping the top end too or am I just pissing in the wind with wishful thinking??

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
They have VERY Good luck with them on stock cars here they work better than, lets say others. Mine liked a 1" spacer under my Quick Fuel 950 4150 style on my Drag car before I went EFI with the Super. I still have mine but the damn things are so cheap you cant get anything close to a good price after they have been ported on so it will sit under the bench till the next go around.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
A kit 420 from eagle a comp roller 262/264 106 in @ 106 630 lift dart 230 heads flowed 312 at .700

·
Registered
179 Posts
So what is the diffrecne in the hurrican and the hurrican plus ? and which would be better on a combo like the the 11.1 383 talked about above?

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
The Super has a larger plenum and runners and will go out to a 1207 gasket it is used on the bigger small blocks the casting I had was crap compaired to the normal Hurricane

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Their are three hurricanes, The traditional hurricane, the hurricane power plus, and the super hurricane. The only one I have not seen is hurricane power plus that just came out last year. According to what I have been told the power plus is in between the hurricane and super hurricane. I have heard it makes more power above 7000rpm than the hurricane but does not make as much power as the super hurricane above 7500rpm. This is all engine independent.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts