Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here build electric gates? My step dad died not to long ago and my mom is a little scared of people coming on her property and she would like to put up an electric gate at the beginning of her driveway. I would like to help her out with this so I was wondering what options are out there. I would like her to have a remote so she doesn't have to get out of her car to open and close it. Please let me know if there is a do it yourself kit of some kind. Thanks

·
Spiritual Gynocologist
80,189 Posts
Does anyone here build electric gates? My step dad died not to long ago and my mom is a little scared of people coming on her property and she would like to put up an electric gate at the beginning of her driveway. I would like to help her out with this so I was wondering what options are out there. I would like her to have a remote so she doesn't have to get out of her car to open and close it. Please let me know if there is a do it yourself kit of some kind. Thanks
PM me I can hook you up with a great guy who will do it on the side.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Depending on the gate if it's a dual or single swing or a sliding gate. Doorking is very reliable and they make the motors for the gates that I mentioned. The remote will be based on what garage door opener she has and in most cases it can be programmed if she has a dual button remote.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the average price of building one? The gate needs to be around 16' wide. Thanks

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
The heavier you make the gate the more expensive gate opener you're going to need. It's all about how much weight you need to move. Liftmaster makes nice inexpencive residential gate operators that are easy to install in both slide and swing. Less maintenance on a swing gate. Make 2 8' byparting lightweight gates.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Door king are great operators & easy to install. Call a company by the name of Upswung in Las Vegas & ask for Roger Ph# 775-588-1475 or the Website is www.upswung.com.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Check out Might Mule http://www.mightymule.com/.
I build a bunch of driveway gates each year & have found the MM openers to be reliable & reasonably priced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts