Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for pics. of 275/60/15 radials on a 10" rim on a 66/67 chevelle????????

If you have pics. of 28/10.5 slicks i`d love to see then too........

What backspacing are you using on your rims????

Thanks.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I sure wish I could help you on this. I know we have talked about this several times. It sounds like your getting really close to put something on the car. All I can do is show you some up close shots with my 8" wheel. It sure looks like a 10" wheel wouldn't move the sidewall out too much, but I guess it's still a coin toss.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Cory,

How have you been?????

Can`t decide wheather to do a 10" with a 275/60 or a 325/50...

Either way i think i`m gonna do a small notch 1-1.5" just to center the rim/tire..

The big debate it stock suspention or not?????????

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hey Cory,

How have you been?????

Can`t decide wheather to do a 10" with a 275/60 or a 325/50...

Either way i think i`m gonna do a small notch 1-1.5" just to center the rim/tire..

The big debate it stock suspention or not?????????
Good,

I guess for the suspension, it depends on how easy you want to make it on yourself to go fast.
I plan on going 8.80's next year on my stock suspension, but I doubt it will be consitant. Hell I was just on a 9.0 pass two weeks ago when it blew a hole through the piston. Not bad for a 1.481 60ft :p

With a small notch, you should have more then enough room on a 10" wheel and a 10.5

·
Registered
508 Posts
Is that what the big flash was?????????
Yeah,
When it blew a hole through the piston, it pressurized the bottem end, which in turn blew the breather off the drivers side valve cover, which lead to a stream of pressurized oil leaving the valve cover :p and poof a crazy ride. Someday I will get this timing thing down.

Can't wait to see your ride when the new tires are on it.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Anyone with 275/60s on a 12" rim?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have 10.5 x28 MT 3055S bias slick on a 9" wheel with 5" BS on a 66 very very close to shock mount but it all clears wheelwell lip not rolled car sits 1" lower than stock

1 - 9 of 9 Posts