Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Is weight your deciding factor? Meaning, all things being equal or with-in reason as in reliability, price point, packing size and things like that?

http://www.ruger.com/products/1022Takedown/models.html

You can't go wrong with a 10/22! But it is advertised at being 4X the weight.. So if it's a ounces=pounds, and pounds=pain situation the 10/22 may not fit the bill.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive checked out the takedown model of the 10/22... its definitely badass but packing weight and size is huge when going 10+ miles per day and trying to keep a 55L pack with a tent, light food, water, sleeping bag, mat...etc.

that model 10/22 has some badass reviews and would be good for a SHTF situation...

im looking to do some survival hiking/camping this fall and next spring with a small pack and see some beautiful scenery.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I have a Henry survival rifle. Picked it up for 110 bucks. It's pretty light, packs small and it floats. I do like the looks of the one you showed but that is a lot of coin.

·
Sizeable Member
7,748 Posts
Interesting. Don't know that I'd be shooting a mountain lion with it though...

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
my prey would be rabbit, squirrel or bird.... im not looking to piss off anything bigger than that, lol. I'd have mace for large animals that felt threatened by me.

my main concern is weight and size and if i can hit what im shooting at from 40 yards.
i like the henry for a literal survival situation but for backpacking i need less weight.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Looks pretty cool

·
Sizeable Member
7,748 Posts
my prey would be rabbit, squirrel or bird.... im not looking to piss off anything bigger than that, lol. I'd have mace for large animals that felt threatened by me.
I figured as much. I was referring to the pics they have on their website. Seems pretty shitty to me to be shooting a mountain lion with a 22. The rifle does look interesting though.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I figured as much. I was referring to the pics they have on their website. Seems pretty shitty to me to be shooting a mountain lion with a 22. The rifle does look interesting though.
Ever hunted mountain lion? They are quite easy to kill, the other reason is the small hole left in the pelt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts