Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
need help understanding how to set up this clutch
It`s a mf`er to setup and work as intended...I had one on my ZX12R and played with it for months,trying different setups...It just has so many variables...Call MTC and the clutch guy there will give you a basic setup to start with for your bike/motor/weight package....

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
It really helps a LOT if you tell us what bike you have & your SPECIFIC mods & setup.
Ray.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
v twin turbo methanol, 20 lbs boost bike and rider 750lbs- 20 tooth front sprocket-40 tooth rear-28 inch tire-1.55 primary ratio-b&j 3 speed trans-352 rear wheel hp at 6700 rpm-271 ft lbs torque-launch rpm 4500

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
v twin turbo methanol, 20 lbs boost bike and rider 750lbs- 20 tooth front sprocket-40 tooth rear-28 inch tire-1.55 primary ratio-b&j 3 speed trans-352 rear wheel hp at 6700 rpm-271 ft lbs torque-launch rpm 4500
Slick and bars I guess? Did you get a spring/shim kit with the clutch?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Just make sure all the arms have the same amount of weight on each.

·
Registered
368 Posts
call kevin at mtc he is great at getting you close to a baseline, yes they are tough to set up, but done right they are the best!!! NOTE!! keep a log and don't do too much at one time!!! also, if you can afford it, buy the program they sell to show you the set up vs a proposed set up!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts