Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
I've hacked stuff when there was no other choice (software no longer available but still needed some tweaks)

Probably easier in the long run to start with a clean sheet of paper

·
asshole
4,146 Posts
man you guys think everything is as easy as starting from a clean sheet of paper...

coming from some one designs shit for a living...

company A comes out with a bad ass new feature...
company B buys the tool and rips it apart to see how it works...
company B takes that idea and improves it makes changes to it as need be.
company C buys both A and B and find another better way to do it...
Company D buys A B and C and takes which one they like and goes to china with it...

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I am an expert in the subject matter when it comes to reverse engineering utilizing Probing/Digitizing products. I have taught people how to interface, program and then operate inspection and/or Digitizing machine tools for many years typically utilizing Renishaw probing products, however, we do not utilize their software platform, we have developed our own, including Canned Digitizing Cycles. There are not a lot of people who truly understand the technical nuances of this industry. Your best bet is to latch on to a Tech from a company like Renishaw or Marposs.

But, it all depends on what you're really trying to do to determine the best way to do something.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
man you guys think everything is as easy as starting from a clean sheet of paper...

coming from some one designs shit for a living...

company A comes out with a bad ass new feature...
company B buys the tool and rips it apart to see how it works...
company B takes that idea and improves it makes changes to it as need be.
company C buys both A and B and find another better way to do it...
Company D buys A B and C and takes which one they like and goes to china with it...
From a manufacturing perspective, reverse engineering is typically done under the scenario of you have a customer walk in the door with a piece of metal under his arm and lays it on the table and says I need 1000 of these by next week..... you say great, send my tech people the cad drawing.... they say they don't have one. Thus they Digitize it.... hence not only capturing the profile/geometry, but also creating a g-code program at the sametime that with a little massaging can be turned around and executed.

This technology is also utilized heavily in the Quality Inspection market and machine tool set-up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts