Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved. (it was for the good, bigger house and 30x50 garage/shop).

Place is near wetlands, 50 years old, stone foundation, and borders up against a 15 acre corn field.

God damn, there are a BUNCH of big fucking bugs around here...found this spider tonight on my patio:

LOTS of spiders here and "cave crickets" (big fucking ugly ass cricket).

Anyone with some good remedies I can load into a garden sprayer and kill this shit?

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
Pest control service, thats how we roll here in cali!

·
Registered
12,147 Posts
Can of hair spray (or ether) and a lighter. Aim, spray, light. <POOF>

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ I was debating on getting a gun or a saddle and riding that fucker.....

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
carb or brake cleaner. Kills almost any bug, dead on contact.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...I'm not a fan of a cat...but there seems to be a slight rodent issue here too.

maybe that's not such a bad idea....though I'm thinking I might take odds on that fucking spider...

·
Something Creative
2,621 Posts
carb or brake cleaner. Kills almost any bug, dead on contact.
I've got to disagree with this based on personal experience. I tried killing a rather large spider with carb cleaner, I left for a broom and the fucker was gone... I used a shit load of spray too! We have hobos, black widows, and Wolf spiders among others. I'll pays hundreds to get rid of those things!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Grade 8 Motorsports
4,617 Posts
I'm having a spider issue in my garage now (though not as big as that fucker), so I'm looking forward to some more advice too...(and I have done the ether+lighter trick, but not looking to burn my shop down either!)

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Brake cleaner kills everything. :)

We used a powdered product around here when we first moved in. Had a problem similar to yours. Have to ask and get back to this thread.

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
I've got to disagree with this based on personal experience. I tried killing a rather large spider with carb cleaner, I left for a broom and the fucker was gone... I used a shit load of spray too! We have hobos, black widows, and Wolf spiders among others. I'll pays hundreds to get rid of those things!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
In Japan, we had huge spiders & insects. Having some equipment out in the field for years many of them would make homes in the equipment. One thing mandatory in the mobile tool arsenal, was a case of carb cleaner....just for the bugs.
I lived in Florida & had a bad infestation of black widows. It worked great. I now live in a tropical climate, guess what I deal with all the time? Guess what I use. Carb cleaner .

Unless it is ants. Then I use Combat ant killer( gel that comes in a needle type container). That shit is awesome.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Found it. Diatect. http://www.diatect.com/kill-spiders-ppc.php

Use it around the house and shop. Should keep the spiders and all other insects away from any area where you frequent. If they cross it......they're dead. Says for indoor use but we used it outside as well and it has worked great.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts