Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
A gentleman from Yellow Bullet sent me one with the tone ring. I used it to model a bracket to hold a Hall Effect sensor for my data logger to monitor trans rpm. With the right software it could use as a speed sensor for a speedometer. I made a 8 segment tone ring, the Stock GM one was 40 segments which was too sensitive for my purposes. I purchased the Littlefuse Hall sensor from Digikey for about $20. My sensor bolts in the Stock location and works very well. After I finished the project I returned the sensor to him.

I couldn't use the GM sensor since it was a VR style and my hardware was not capable of reading the signal.

Here are a couple pics of the GM sensor and mine.

The black stuff is Permatex I sealed the wires with as they exit the trans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who was this gentleman? I have to use a VR sensor as most of these are stock ECU cars and those plug right in and work.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
A gentleman from Yellow Bullet sent me one with the tone ring. I used it to model a bracket to hold a Hall Effect sensor for my data logger to monitor trans rpm. With the right software it could use as a speed sensor for a speedometer. I made a 8 segment tone ring, the Stock GM one was 40 segments which was too sensitive for my purposes. I purchased the Littlefuse Hall sensor from Digikey for about $20. My sensor bolts in the Stock location and works very well. After I finished the project I returned the sensor to him.

I couldn't use the GM sensor since it was a VR style and my hardware was not capable of reading the signal.

Here are a couple pics of the GM sensor and mine.

The black stuff is Permatex I sealed the wires with as they exit the trans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thats awesome man. Good work.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thank you Chris. I did purchase some parts from you last year as well as read your tech papers and manual. I am very happy with how the trans turned out. Shifting great and the t-break works a bit better than it did(TCI). I would like to put your brake in but for now I am focused on other things with the car.

I have wondered if there is a need or any interest in making the sensor mount for folks who want to use a Hall sensor in the factory spot for after market speedos or data loggers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Thank you Chris. I did purchase some parts from you last year as well as read your tech papers and manual. I am very happy with how the trans turned out. Shifting great and the t-break works a bit better than it did(TCI). I would like to put your brake in but for now I am focused on other things with the car.

I have wondered if there is a need or any interest in making the sensor mount for folks who want to use a Hall sensor in the factory spot for after market speedos or data loggers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im sure many people would find it useful.

·
Banksters Paradise
4,831 Posts
I think i might have possibly bought the very last one in 2016 from one of those online car parts places. I wanted two of them, they said nope we can only sell you the one. Their website has now changed into some corporate parts sales and they no longer sell parts online last time i looked. Maybe they could still have one lying around somewhere if you call...

www.oehq.com was the place

links i kept to both part #'s of the same item..

http://www.oehq.com/oeparts_acd8655291.htm
http://www.oehq.com/oeparts_213-3513_acd.htm

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Another way to do it

High-Frequency GM-Style Pulse Generator

The missing piece of the increasingly popular early-GM transmission swap!
With late-model GM transmissions containing an internal speed sensor outputting 128,000 Pulses Per Mile, the stock 40-tooth (40 pulse per revolution) reluctor ring provided the factory ECM with a high frequency input. The SEN-01-128 can now recreate this missing high frequency rate when converting to an older style transmission with a mechanical speedometer output.

With a standard female 7/8” thread-on fitting, the SEN-01-128 fits all GM transmissions with a mechanical speedometer cable outlet. Removable weather-tight 10’ cable provides for simple installation and cable routing. 128,000 Pulse Per Mile Sine Wave signal output is direct replacement for the stock GM internal speed sensor, allowing the ECM receive the signals it needs for proper operation.

Fits GM transmission models with 7/8” Male Threading, ie: TH350, TH400, 700r4, 2004r, etc.

https://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=916/category_id=311/mode=prod/prd916.htm

·
Registered
19,282 Posts
Another way to do it

High-Frequency GM-Style Pulse Generator

The missing piece of the increasingly popular early-GM transmission swap!
With late-model GM transmissions containing an internal speed sensor outputting 128,000 Pulses Per Mile, the stock 40-tooth (40 pulse per revolution) reluctor ring provided the factory ECM with a high frequency input. The SEN-01-128 can now recreate this missing high frequency rate when converting to an older style transmission with a mechanical speedometer output.

With a standard female 7/8” thread-on fitting, the SEN-01-128 fits all GM transmissions with a mechanical speedometer cable outlet. Removable weather-tight 10’ cable provides for simple installation and cable routing. 128,000 Pulse Per Mile Sine Wave signal output is direct replacement for the stock GM internal speed sensor, allowing the ECM receive the signals it needs for proper operation.

Fits GM transmission models with 7/8” Male Threading, ie: TH350, TH400, 700r4, 2004r, etc.

https://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=916/category_id=311/mode=prod/prd916.htm
I have one like that, has 3 wires, came with a dash but I have a 4L80E-your prob close to me, you can have it to try if you want it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts