Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Indy. Camped in the Coke lot friday night, partied downtown Sat night and saw the Gumball 3000 cars come in.

Went to races sunday. The cars were cool, and they put on a hell of on event. BUT... Sato (Think that was his name) crashed on lap 199 so they finished under caution.

I guess that's ok, since its a 500 mile race. But was sitting in turn 4 and hope they would have raced to the finish.

It was fun, but nothing like going to a good drag race in my opinion.

Will post some pics and videos later on.

DragRacingFTW

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I never understood why they would finish under a yellow. Lets race hard for 498 miles and cruise the last 2.
Well they don't do green,white,checker like nascar and it was the last lap that sato crashed. That race is on my bucket list for sure maybe next year.

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
Indiana is the most fucked up place I've ever seen, drove thru it last week I 70 is still under the same 'work' condition it was in 12 months ago. Cops are totally ineffective as far as trucks go. Room taxes are way too high and they have gas taxed to death.
I'll not be spending any money in that state that I ndon't have too.
FUCK 'EM

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Just got back from Indy. Camped in the Coke lot friday night, partied downtown Sat night and saw the Gumball 3000 cars come in.

Went to races sunday. The cars were cool, and they put on a hell of on event. BUT... Sato (Think that was his name) crashed on lap 199 so they finished under caution.

I guess that's ok, since its a 500 mile race. But was sitting in turn 4 and hope they would have raced to the finish.

It was fun, but nothing like going to a good drag race in my opinion.

Will post some pics and videos later on.

DragRacingFTW
Heard it was Hot as Shit! If I ever went to a 500, I would want to sit in Turn 1!

·
Banned...Four Times
40,200 Posts
Call me weird but I have never liked Indy or the Cart/Indy racing series. I like F1 a lot so its not a dislike of open wheel racing. I also don't care for NASCAR much. Racing in circles just doesn't appeal to me. I will watch the road course races of any series.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
All the action use to be in the Snake Pit in the infield during the 70'-80's. As long as you wasn't fighting it was fair game. The Coke lot does offer alot of "Oh Shit, look at that " moments.
They use to make a month long event of the 500, now they got it down to 2 weeks. Carb day (Thursday before race) use to be the best day to go, but it's not like it use to be.
Growing up near Indy, the month of May you only heard about the 500 on the TV and Radio's. Plus you could pronounce all the drivers names.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts