Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking this is an identity theft deal. I have gotten 2 calls recently from people claiming to be U.S. Census workers. They start out saying they need to get information to verify. I cut them off immediately telling them that I have already sent my info. in and that is all I am legally required to provide and then I hang-up.
Anyone else getting these calls? The number they called from is 812-218-3144 fwiw :confused:

·
Registered
49,436 Posts
Washington DC phone exchange is 212 FYI

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
I am thinking this is an identity theft deal. I have gotten 2 calls recently from people claiming to be U.S. Census workers. They start out saying they need to get information to verify. I cut them off immediately telling them that I have already sent my info. in and that is all I am legally required to provide and then I hang-up.
Anyone else getting these calls? The number they called from is 812-218-3144 fwiw :confused:
Around here.... They come beat on the door... Shoulda seen the 2 little old ladies when I opened the door, holding my AR.... Seems like they lose half the shit in the mail.... The bills however, never fail to show up...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I worked for the census. They are not suppose to call even though they asked for your phone number on the form. They will go to your house only if you didn't mail the form or it was mailed in late and didn't get counted.

·
The Purple Prostitute
2,529 Posts
im getting annoyed to be honest.... assholes keep callin me about my listings (im a real estate agent) and they wanna know about my listings. DO YOUR JOB! Thats your responsibility not mine

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
What does the 212 area code have to do with the census? In the Phx.Az. area if they contact you locally it would be a 602,480,623 code. From what I understand they dont call. If ya get a call. Tell them you are on the other line and ask for a number where you can call them back. Scammers arent going to give a number are they? Pretty simple!

·
Registered
845 Posts
The census is people trying to get a population count.Aguy came to our house and told us about it.I guess to see how much the population gained over the years.Probaly another way for taxes and cost for shit to go up.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I work for the Census Bureau. Right now I'm really pissed at them, but I don't think that they're dishonest.
I Goggled the number you listed and it was another of those "page after page of complaints" deals.
Call the real Census Bureau and report that someone is trying to scam you using their cover.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Just had one of those motherfuckers come to my door and start asking all kinds of dumb ass questions...i told her to bounce and slammed the door

·
Registered
504 Posts
I had them beatin my door down!!Lots of wasted tax dollars IMO and the information they ask for is too personal. I understand they need to know age groups and how many people but birthdays and full names,Idont think so.... These mofos are worse then the johava witness's lol

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
Just had one of those motherfuckers come to my door and start asking all kinds of dumb ass questions...i told her to bounce and slammed the door
Be carefull with that they can come back with a cop in- tow.

I always tell them the owner of the house is on vacation for two years and I'm just watching the house....come back in a couple of years LOL,,,TLW.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yes I had one called yesterday and said the same thing that he needed to verify, and I said to him did you get my census back,, and he said yes and I said good bye. what a fuckin joke like Im going to go over and verify that crap again and how do I know, that they are who they say they are. Just hang up on them bastards

·
Registered
17 Posts
Working on 2010 census now, there are some scams going around to get personal info. The info we need is to determine where the money is to be allocated in your area. You will never be asked for ss# where you work or if you work. You will only be contacted if there is no info on file for your residence at the time that the EQ's were issued. If you were not at home when the enumerator made their visit you were left a notice of visit with a phone number to call and schedule a revisit or to learn how to handle it over the phone. The # will be for the district office or the enumerator who made the visit.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts