Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive use them for transmissions parts for several years, it was bought by brian now brian's performace transmission, i called them to see if they could check out a c4 transbrake valve body sent it to them in march and after a couple of weeks i called to check on it they said they was about finish with it and send it, after a couple of weeks i called back to check and they said they would send it the end of the week, after a couple more weeks i tried to call back and the shop phone dont work,i call his cell he said he would send it, that was 2 weeks ago now he wont answer calls so now im out a transbrake now i guess im out a transbrake
i would watch dealing with them dont want anyone else done this way

lol thanks for hearing me vent nathan

·
Registered
64 Posts
Brian has been moving his business to a new building and has been burning the candle at both ends. He is not the type of person to screw somebody.

·
This amp goes to 11.
12,064 Posts
Jim Paquet's old shop?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brian has been moving his business to a new building and has been burning the candle at both ends. He is not the type of person to screw somebody.
i hope your right, wish he would just tell me he cant get to it instead if giving me the run around

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
My C4 is a JPT unit I bought 20 years ago and still using today. I was bummed out when Jim sold because I liked the old guy. He is a hot shit. He would talk to you no problem about his stuff. Brain is not a C4 wizard like Jim from what I can tell. Nothing against him but not the master. LOL I sent in my TB VB and converter that folded all the fins and they took care of me fast. Hope they take care of you.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Well if any of you guys know him and u think he is so trust worthy....tell the cock sucker to send the parts back. The op is one of my best friends and he will and always has bent over backwards to help anyone. He is a top notch guy. I know for a fact he's telling the truth about this as I have been trying to call also.

·
Registered
257 Posts
talk to jim last week. (his mouth running a mile a minute) he said he sold the business and the guy only paid the down payment and stiffed him the rest. took all his inventory and parts and moved before he knew what was happening. (not sure if it was brian or not.) i couldnt get a word in.
he said he was taking the guy to court and had his old shop rented out to someone that paid.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
talk to jim last week. (his mouth running a mile a minute) he said he sold the business and the guy only paid the down payment and stiffed him the rest. took all his inventory and parts and moved before he knew what was happening. (not sure if it was brian or not.) i couldnt get a word in.
he said he was taking the guy to court and had his old shop rented out to someone that paid.
Would be nice to have some more info. I would not want to deal with someone that ripped Jim off. I had my stuff worked on like 2 years ago. Now have to find new C4 place to go to. Is it Lupo in CT? right that really good with c4's.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
7 Plus years with my C4 from JPT also had an 8" 5500 stall converter built by him in 2007. Picked up tenth and 1/2 and 3 MPH. Still going strong and I average 135 passes a year. Sucks Jim retired. Never had an issue with him.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
A best friend would jump in the car and take a ride up there.
And get to the bottom of the matter. But here we are on a computer telling other people what they should do.

·
Stuck in Lidsville
3,087 Posts
Good luck with any trans from Brian, every one I have seen so far has been junk...
He made more than one attempt at a T-400 for a good friends mid 9 second El-Camino and failed miserably-----then made excuses on top of excuses...Claimed the trans had "hundreds of passes" when I know FOR A FACT it had very few passes and only a small hand full of t-brake nitrous passes...
If he cant build a freeking T-400 to withstand a mid 9 second car he just plain doesn't know what the fuck he is doing....

·
Registered
963 Posts
I thought Brian was the son??? :confused:

I bought a JPT c4 & converter, was very happy with its performance on the chassis dyno, but so far thats all I have done. Originally Jim forgot to ship me my dipstick, then brian sent me one, but it was for a C6. lol.

I wish the bill itemized what was ACTUALLY IN the trans, so I know what I'm dealing with.

I do know that the trans LEAKS like a BASTARD. so I'll be figuring that out next week..

Chris

·
Registered
74 Posts
Jim has done a couple transmissions for myself, my dad, and a couple guys I know. If you could keep your visit short, it was a good trip to go there. I talked to Jim last fall and he said this Brian guy had bought the business so Jim could retire, but first thing he did was start scrapping all the cores Jim had collected over the years. I called and talked to Brian myself and all he could do was tell me to switch from my c-4 to a glide, also told me he specialized in glide's too. I didn't take my trans to him, seeing this makes me sure I did the right thing.
I only live about 1 1/2 hours from Eaton Rapids if anybody gets in a real bind, I could swing over there after work to "repo" some parts.
Shoot me a PM if I can help

1 - 20 of 77 Posts