Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sony that is blinking 7 times can someone tell me how to fix this??

Seven blinks - High voltage shutdown. The high voltage has exceeded 33k and the unit goes immediately into safety shutdown. Check power supply regulation and horizontal circuits.

I tried unplugging it for several minutes etc and no help (as the instuctions said)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wega trinitron yes

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it something I can fix from here?

·
The Media has an agenda!
25,768 Posts
Go to the SONY site and look at the owners manual. blinks indicate self-diagnostic feature.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
there is a place here in San Diego, that fixes Trinitrons, they fixed mine. Let me see if I cant find the name of the place.

Bob

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found out what it means I just cant find a way to fix it

·
IgnoreIsForPussies
20,761 Posts
I fixed mine,it would go in and out. I threw that piece of shit on the floor and I quit having that problem.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,151 Posts
I ALWAYS LIKED THE ELVIS TECHNIQUE....NEVER TRIED IT THOUGH

·
Registered
745 Posts
My Phillips Plasma did the same thing blinked 7 times. My wife was online and found some info on it, it was 2 .60 cent compasitors. This thing hung on the wall for two years, I even thought about giving it away, The repair man said it was a min. $500 just to look at it. Then she found the info, There is alot of stuff on youtube about this.

All it took was the 2 .60 cent comp. and about 15 min. and I had it working again. Boy did I feel stupid.

HTH

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have been a tv repair man for the last 17 years. I have an ultimate set of tools ha ha. Is this set a direct view crt set? Did it start that you would have to try to power it on several times before it would come on? Then would work fine until you powered it off and then could not get it back on the next day when it was cold? If so this is common and you need to replace a ic in power supply. MCZ3100da is the chip. Sony part# is 6-705-810-01 Also the phillips cap problem is very common but Sony didnt use the cheap caps that are failing and 7 blinks on a Sony has nothing to do with other mfg's sets.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have been a tv repair man for the last 17 years. I have an ultimate set of tools ha ha. Is this set a direct view crt set? Did it start that you would have to try to power it on several times before it would come on? Then would work fine until you powered it off and then could not get it back on the next day when it was cold? If so this is common and you need to replace a ic in power supply. MCZ3100da is the chip. Sony part# is 6-705-810-01 Also the phillips cap problem is very common but Sony didnt use the cheap caps that are failing and 7 blinks on a Sony has nothing to do with other mfg's sets.
its a KV32hs420 sony tv. It was working fine then today we turned it off then it never fired back up again

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wish I could offord to buy a new tv I guess its time to go figure out who can look at it here..

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We just got back from Hivee they had 40 inch toshibas for $499 and get a $100 gift card with the purchase ......... Next to fix the old one now

1 - 19 of 19 Posts