Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Anyone Familiar With Bourget Bikes?

18K views 59 replies 36 participants last post by  Just looking 
#1 ·
They aren't my style, but I understand they used to be quite expensive and I'm wondering if there is much of a secondary market for their bikes. I think Kid Rock has one. They are cool in an artsy kind of way, but feel way outdated to me. I wish I knew how to post pictures. If one of you guys that has my cell number and can post a photo, let me know and I'll send you one to post.

#2 ·
I had one. Roger Bourget was a visionary and wasn’t just a cake decorator like most of the bike builders of his time. My bike was an early model before he machined a lot of his own parts. His claim to fame was lowering the seat height by eliminating the oil tank and using the frame tubes as the oil tank. This way you could have a full travel suspension and sit very low to the ground. Definitely one of the better built bikes of the chopper craze. All that being said, Bourget bikes aren’t worth shit these days.

#7 ·
I was reading about the oil in frame. Pretty innovative idea. The two bikes I'm talking about are 2006 models. I know a lot was paid for them and they haven't been out much, but were regularly serviced. I have a feeling they are only worth a small fraction of what was paid back then, regardless of condition.

#10 ·
I don't know much about his bikes. I never heard of them until today. Like I said, they are cool in an artsy kind of way, but I'm pretty sure my boyfriend will kill himself on one. I really don't like the looks of them as far as a bike to ride and if you screw up the paint or anything, then it would suck.

#4 ·
Bumping your thread

Bourget's Bike Works, Inc - The Official BBW Factory Site!
www.bourgets.com
Brigitte Bourget and her team at Bourget’s Bike Works are honored to have partnered with New Era, the official on-field cap provider for Major League Baseball, to build this one of a kind 2011 Bourget Python Super Stretch.
Fat Daddy
The Official BBW Factory Site! Now Standard with 330 Rear tire U.S. …
Parts
The Official BBW Factory Site! 1725 W. Williams Drive, Suite 62, Phoenix, AZ …
Available Now
Bourget's Available Now. See More Photos. 2012 FAT DADDY 330 …
Contact
Contact. Sales & Service: Brigitte@bourgets.com Dealer Parts: …
Classics Bikes
Of course we will build it for you - but unlike other Bourget models - the …
Motorcycle Collection
The Official BBW Factory Site! 1725 W. Williams Drive, Suite 62, Phoenix, AZ …

See results only from bourgets.com
Bourget Motorcycles for Sale | Used Motorcycles on …
motorcycles.oodle.com › Bourget
Find Bourget Motorcycles for Sale on Oodle Classifieds. Join millions of people using Oodle to find unique used motorcycles, used roadbikes, used dirt bikes, scooters, and mopeds for sale. Don't miss what's happening in your neighborhood.

Bourget Motorcycles for sale in Houston, Texas
https://www.smartcycleguide.com/motorcycles-for-sale-in-houston...
Up for bids is a beautiful 2004 Bourget's Bike Works Python MT OPT This one only has 2353 MILES, and is like new!!! The build sheets with the custom specs are in the photos.

#21 ·
It was not just the oil in the frame (which Triumph had in their bikes in the 60's) but he made the frames in aluminum and hid everything that did not have to be out in the open, very innovative.

Yes, the market for these has collapsed but he made the best of the best when things were going strong and they were very light, not like the steel bridges from Orange County!

Dave

#24 ·
Roger said :smt097 bikes and stuck with the offshore power boating. :supz:

His bikes were badass imo. I’ve built my own bike frame jig, thought I really had a nice setup. I saw Rogers frame jig, 360* rotating unit, wanted to toss mine in the scrap box after that. Lol

#26 ·
Roger said :smt097 bikes and stuck with the offshore power boating. :supz:

His bikes were badass imo. I’ve built my own bike frame jig, thought I really had a nice setup. I saw Rogers frame jig, 360* rotating unit, wanted to toss mine in the scrap box after that. Lol
I did notice in post #4 it only mentions Brigitte Bourget and not Roger.

I met Roger during the chopper fad of the early to mid 2000s, seemed like a good guy.

#29 ·
I don't know if this is the truth or not, but in 2006, they supposedly paid 65K for one and 85K for the other. The 85k one was supposedly a one of a kind, has an alligator seat and whatever else top of the line. It has skulls painted all over it. It's one of those stretch kind of chopper deals.

#27 ·
There one of the better bikes from the Fat Tire Chopper Craze ....... Most of the Bourgets had good parts on them .....

Billet motors at times ... Big inch v twins and lots of S&S motors a lot of the bikes in that day had Rev Tec motors and those where not the best running motors ..... lot of Jap made parts on bikes those days .... The Bourgets had Lots of USA made parts

That's a big part of the prices as well!

Local guy to me picked up a well used Bourget with a 124 S&S motor for like $7000 cant buy the parts on them for that!

There a little dated today .... but fun bikes with the bigger motors for sure!

#30 ·

Here is the one I had. Was over 9ft long and it could pick up the front tire with ease. It had an early S&S 113” that was gone through by Zippers performance. Like I mentioned in my earlier post this was an early bike and had lots of OEM Harley parts on it. The tank and front fender were actually stretched Harley FX parts. The rear fender was carbon fiber. Fun bar hopper but would eat itself alive if you tried to ride it at 70mph for any long periods of time. With full suspension travel and low seat it was surprisingly comfortable to ride. It just didn’t like constant rpm. Shit would be constantly falling off of the fucking thing. I should of had stock in loc tite with all I used on that bike.

#31 ·
My buddy had one for a while, it was a nice looking bike, the only problems he had with it were engine wise, It had one of the R and R's 150 hp engines in it and the engine went through starters and a bunch of other issues. He ended up selling it pretty quick.

#33 ·
Info from Roger's FB page.

Breaking News. Bourget Bike Works. Complete Shop Liquidation.
Published by Cyril Huze August 24th, 2013
Bourget Bike Works has retained K.D. Auctions for an online only auction of its rolling chassis, CNC machines, tooling, parts and accessories. Over 400 lots are offered to the highest bidders.
Roger and Brigitte Bourget divorced in 2005, and since 2009 Brigitte solely owned and managed the business. In 1993, Roger Bourget was the original creator with his wife of Bourget’s Bike Works and imposed at the time a very unique drop seat/long front end custom motorcycle style that everybody at the time could identify as his design. A design copied later by many other builders. Roger at the time was offering the first V-Twin custom bike with a 170-17 rear tire, then the first jackshaft frame with car tire, the first to offer a rolling chassis, the first oil-in-frame/drop-seat chassis, the first jackshaft design with centered drive train for wide-tire chassis and also created and designed the fat 5-speed tranny with Jim’s collaboration. Following the divorce from Brigitte, Roger left Bourget Bike Works in July 2009 and opened a shop with new wife Emily in Montrose, Colorado called Roger’s Bourget Chopper Shoppe. www.rogerbourget.com
Since her ex-husbands departure from the business, Brigitte Bourget was somewhat struggling trying to maintain alive Bourget Bike Works. It looks like a bad economy since 2008 and the professional absence of a well known original founder and custom builder with strong personality and style took a heavy toll on the business to the point where the business started failing. This year, a BBW 40,000 sq. ft back building was sold off to pay off a bank note. Then, to clear inventory, a big clearance sale of frames, parts and accessories was organized now followed by the complete liquidation of the Bourget Bike Works factory.

#41 ·
Go to the CycleTrader link, down to the $13,900 bike for sale in Ft. Myers, where you'll find this gem of an ad-

2004 BOURGET PYTHON

ARE YOU A TOTAL LOOSER? DO YOU WEAR SLEEVELESS SHIRTS? NOT HAVING GOOD LUCK WITH THE WOMEN? WELL HERE IS THE ANSWER TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS. BE THE COOLEST KID ON THE BLOCK WHEN YOU COME RIDING IN ON THIS BAD TO THE BONE BOURGET PYTHON CHOPPER. IT'S TIME TO STEP UP YOUR GAME AND BE THE PERSON YOU WERE MEANT TO BE.

#46 · (Edited)
CG they are ok...kinda cool oil in frame etc etc... but don't put a lot of money in it. I had the privilege of being stranded on River street in Savannah, Ga on a Saturday night waiting on a friend to get there with a trailer to get it home. Everybody that passed by was was like...sweet bike, and I just kept thinking " that wont fucking start" ...anyhoo

you will have the standard electrical issues , the digital speedo shit crapping out..and you better make sure you have an excellent battery because you will only be able to spin the engine a few times before the battery says... NOPE ! '' this was my experience with a "Low Blow

If you want to work on a bike then get you a Harley, Bourget, Big dog, Ironhorse. Martin Bros etc etc... if you want to ride one then get yourself a good Jap bike ...ie Honda Fury

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.