Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Mother Hen
50,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They aren't my style, but I understand they used to be quite expensive and I'm wondering if there is much of a secondary market for their bikes. I think Kid Rock has one. They are cool in an artsy kind of way, but feel way outdated to me. I wish I knew how to post pictures. If one of you guys that has my cell number and can post a photo, let me know and I'll send you one to post.

·
Evil Douchebag
2,091 Posts
I had one. Roger Bourget was a visionary and wasn’t just a cake decorator like most of the bike builders of his time. My bike was an early model before he machined a lot of his own parts. His claim to fame was lowering the seat height by eliminating the oil tank and using the frame tubes as the oil tank. This way you could have a full travel suspension and sit very low to the ground. Definitely one of the better built bikes of the chopper craze. All that being said, Bourget bikes aren’t worth shit these days.

·
Registered
24,371 Posts
Bumping your thread

Bourget's Bike Works, Inc - The Official BBW Factory Site!
www.bourgets.com
Brigitte Bourget and her team at Bourget’s Bike Works are honored to have partnered with New Era, the official on-field cap provider for Major League Baseball, to build this one of a kind 2011 Bourget Python Super Stretch.
Fat Daddy
The Official BBW Factory Site! Now Standard with 330 Rear tire U.S. …
Parts
The Official BBW Factory Site! 1725 W. Williams Drive, Suite 62, Phoenix, AZ …
Available Now
Bourget's Available Now. See More Photos. 2012 FAT DADDY 330 …
Contact
Contact. Sales & Service: [email protected] Dealer Parts: …
Classics Bikes
Of course we will build it for you - but unlike other Bourget models - the …
Motorcycle Collection

See results only from bourgets.com
Bourget Motorcycles for Sale | Used Motorcycles on …
motorcycles.oodle.com › Bourget
Find Bourget Motorcycles for Sale on Oodle Classifieds. Join millions of people using Oodle to find unique used motorcycles, used roadbikes, used dirt bikes, scooters, and mopeds for sale. Don't miss what's happening in your neighborhood.

Bourget Motorcycles for sale in Houston, Texas
https://www.smartcycleguide.com/motorcycles-for-sale-in-houston...
Up for bids is a beautiful 2004 Bourget's Bike Works Python MT OPT This one only has 2353 MILES, and is like new!!! The build sheets with the custom specs are in the photos.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Yeah, the bottom's done fell out of this market, for all of the manufacturers. I remember we had a thread kind of like this before. Some of those fancy bikes don't even get 10 grand on a trade for a new bike.

·
Mother Hen
50,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had one. Roger Bourget was a visionary and wasn’t just a cake decorator like most of the bike builders of his time. My bike was an early model before he machined a lot of his own parts. His claim to fame was lowering the seat height by eliminating the oil tank and using the frame tubes as the oil tank. This way you could have a full travel suspension and sit very low to the ground. Definitely one of the better built bikes of the chopper craze. All that being said, Bourget bikes aren’t worth shit these days.
I was reading about the oil in frame. Pretty innovative idea. The two bikes I'm talking about are 2006 models. I know a lot was paid for them and they haven't been out much, but were regularly serviced. I have a feeling they are only worth a small fraction of what was paid back then, regardless of condition.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The bikes never really appealed to me, but all of them that I knew of seemed to be well sorted. I would agree with the comment above that they were probably among the best quality of that time period.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I was reading about the oil in frame. Pretty innovative idea. The two bikes I'm talking about are 2006 models. I know a lot was paid for them and they haven't been out much, but were regularly serviced. I have a feeling they are only worth a small fraction of what was paid back then, regardless of condition.
If you are shopping to ride, not a bad choice. If you are considering as an investment I would try a completely different market. More money in golf carts than Harley’s or variants these days.

·
Mother Hen
50,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
never liked his crap evos,now every evo is crap.except for the sportsters
I don't know much about his bikes. I never heard of them until today. Like I said, they are cool in an artsy kind of way, but I'm pretty sure my boyfriend will kill himself on one. I really don't like the looks of them as far as a bike to ride and if you screw up the paint or anything, then it would suck.

·
Mother Hen
50,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bumping your thread

Bourget's Bike Works, Inc - The Official BBW Factory Site!
www.bourgets.com
Brigitte Bourget and her team at Bourget’s Bike Works are honored to have partnered with New Era, the official on-field cap provider for Major League Baseball, to build this one of a kind 2011 Bourget Python Super Stretch.
Fat Daddy
The Official BBW Factory Site! Now Standard with 330 Rear tire U.S. …
Parts
Available Now
Bourget's Available Now. See More Photos. 2012 FAT DADDY 330 …
Contact
Contact. Sales & Service: [email protected] Dealer Parts: …
Classics Bikes
Of course we will build it for you - but unlike other Bourget models - the …
Motorcycle Collection

See results only from bourgets.com
Bourget Motorcycles for Sale | Used Motorcycles on …
motorcycles.oodle.com › Bourget
Find Bourget Motorcycles for Sale on Oodle Classifieds. Join millions of people using Oodle to find unique used motorcycles, used roadbikes, used dirt bikes, scooters, and mopeds for sale. Don't miss what's happening in your neighborhood.

Bourget Motorcycles for sale in Houston, Texas
https://www.smartcycleguide.com/motorcycles-for-sale-in-houston...
Up for bids is a beautiful 2004 Bourget's Bike Works Python MT OPT This one only has 2353 MILES, and is like new!!! The build sheets with the custom specs are in the photos.
Been looking at all that. I see what is being asked, but I don't know what they actually have sold for.

·
Registered
24,371 Posts

·
Registered
24,371 Posts

·
Mother Hen
50,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you are shopping to ride, not a bad choice. If you are considering as an investment I would try a completely different market. More money in golf carts than Harley’s or variants these days.
That's kinda what I was thinking. A small fortune was paid for the two, but I doubt they are worth a fraction of that. My boyfriend is owed some money and one of the bikes has been offered. I think I'd rather have the money.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
A client had one for sale last year for 12k. I think he still has it. If I was still into bikes I would have gotten it, too many texters nowadays

·
Registered
26,904 Posts
I don't know much about his bikes. I never heard of them until today. Like I said, they are cool in an artsy kind of way, but I'm pretty sure my boyfriend will kill himself on one. I really don't like the looks of them as far as a bike to ride and if you screw up the paint or anything, then it would suck.
Cool looking, but I wonder how well they handle and brake...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts